Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

I can’t help you with Orville he’s gotta Johnny Cash/Morrissey/Chris Isaak/ Roy Orbison thing going on that I personally love.

Crockett though you MAY be in luck. His early music he sang with a bit of an manufactured affectation that would come off almost like a lisp. I didn’t bother me personally, I found it almost endearing. I am aware that the lispy affect did turn some off to his vocals. If you are one of those people you are in luck. His last two albums have almost completely done away with it. They might be worth giving a shot if you are curious.
I listened to the new Orville earlier which sparked the comment: I have the new Crockett lodes in my current queue. That may help. We’ll see.

The Arlo McKinley album is so good. Last artist John Prine signed to Oh Boy records before he passed. Signed preorders of the vinyl are available at the Oh Boy website.

It’s on my list to pickup. I just wish Oh Boy had a media mail option. Love everything I’ve ever heard off this record.

The Arlo McKinley album is so good. Last artist John Prine signed to Oh Boy records before he passed. Signed preorders of the vinyl are available at the Oh Boy website.

Yeah this album is incredible. I placed a pre-order for the bundle of both of his albums, my long awaited repress of Kelsey Waldon ‘Ive got a Way’ and John Prine ‘The missing years’ so I hit that free shipping threshold. Cant wait

Yeah this album is incredible. I placed a pre-order for the bundle of both of his albums, my long awaited repress of Kelsey Waldon ‘Ive got a Way’ and John Prine ‘The missing years’ so I hit that free shipping threshold. Cant wait

I’ll third or fourth the Arlo McKinley album. It’s burrowed into my brain like a parasite. I love it.

Back