Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

Anyone know if this is getting released on vinyl outside of VMP? Tempted to pick it up.
Yep. Colored here, or plain black.

Yep. Colored here, or plain black.

Thanks!

I’m still coming to terms with the death of Justin Townes Earle. I guess it shouldn‘t have been such a shock given his struggles, but I saw him 6 or 7 times over the last few years, and the last time I saw him he seemed like he was genuinely doing better. He was more present, less sardonic and dark. He actually seemed happy.

I guess in a way this hits me like David Berman of the Silver Jews. Both lived in the darkness for so long, and from a distance seemed to be breaking out, only to get pulled back in. It just goes to show that you (me anyway) can’t really know someone’s struggles. Addiction and depression are motherfuckers that can catch up with you when you least expect it.

Anyway, it’s an understatement to say he had a complicated relationship with his father, but this is a beautiful and heartbreaking gesture:

Tyler Childers surprise dropped a largely instrumental/fiddle album. The last track is called Long Violent History, and isn't subtle.

He's not mincing words here. Respect.

The song is fantastic. I really appreciate his approach on this. Meeting people where they are is really hard when you don't have anything in common with them. Trying to get people past the "Us and them" mentality to really see the issue as opposed to just yelling back and forth takes a lot of patience that many people no longer have. It's important for those with a voice within these communities to speak up about this stuff, I respect the hell out of him.

my mom and Andrew Jannakos' mom both know each other...

to get the closest thing to my dox i am from the same city as him so basically of course there is that connection

she’s great. Vinyl is coming. I preordered it through her Facebook group. The link is still alive it seems.

I got an email for the preorder again. Ordered today. Anybody else reorder?

Back