Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

I was forever touting Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison on the old forum, and I'm gonna be honest, that's not something that is going to change on the new one. They have a new duets album due out next month. This is a stripped down take of the title track from their first official duets album from a few years back. Kelly's voice remains like honey. And, although not super active, she's pretty funny on Twitter when she does post.

Nikki Lane's 'Jackpot' is one of my favorite songs from the past decade. There are no bad live versions of this song.

Yeah, she's criminally underrated for sure.. I somehow bought a test pressing of her all or nothing album on discogs for $10 haha

I found out about her and Margo Price around the same time, a couple of badass ladies that both consistently release high quality material ever since.

Yeah, she's criminally underrated for sure.. I somehow bought a test pressing of her all or nothing album on discogs for $10 haha

I found out about her and Margo Price around the same time, a couple of badass ladies that both consistently release high quality material ever since.

I learned about them around the same time as well. I know Margo gets a lot of Loretta comparisons due to her no nonsense songwriting, but I think Nikki is right there with her.

I guess Taylor Alexander was a contestant on "The Voice" (I don't watch it since I hate both Adam Levine and Blake Shelton). Regardless his new album is pretty darn good.

This is from one of my favorite albums of this year. Crowdfunded folk album from Peter Mulvey called There Is Another World:

This is good, thanks for the tip. I like the lyrics on this song.
Update: And listened to the rest of this album and bought it. He owes you 3 cents for marketing!

Last edited:
Wade Bowen 'Solid Ground' coming to vinyl. Pre-order now, first 50 pre-orders are signed.

Thanks! Grabbed one. Texas country has had so many great releases over the past year.

Also, I think now is the time to finish the playlist from the Country Music Battle Royale from the site that shall not be named. I still have the spreadsheet.
Send me a copy and I will help, I already have one started. Did i add you through spotify?

Back