Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

I honestly haven't thought about him in months, and I definitely haven't thought about listening to his stuff. Not sure how much, if any, time will heal. Such a disappointment.
I caved and bought the Easy, Tiger reissue the other day for around $10. That being said I have yet to spin or listen to any of his music since all the unpleasantness surfaced. Unfortunately, his music was a soundtrack to a lot of my life so chances are I will probably return to it at some point though I don’t fault anyone who can’t get past the assholery and enjoy the art.

Anyone with experience in listening to Little Wings know a good place to start with him? I heard this song and absolutely love it.

Kyle Fields (AKA Little Wings) is a favorite of mine. He runs/ran with Phil Elvrum, Calvin Johnson, Karl Blau and the rest of the k records crew. So fun naturalistic Lo-fi music. My favorite of his albums was “Light Green Leaves” it’s perfect all the way through and almost like children’s music. It has a pretty cool back story in that it was released in different stages of completion on different formats so the CD, Tape, and LP were all different.

Beyond that, His “Wonder” trilogy ( Discover Worlds of Wonder, The Wonder City, Wonderue) is quite good too.

Gnome Life reissued “Light Green Leaves” a few years back and it still appears to be available. It’s actually a vinyl pressing of the completed CD version of the album (not a repress “demo” version that was originally pressed on vinyl). It’s a pretty good pressing considering the lo-If nature of the original release.

T
Only 3 parts out right now.

Thats some heavy shit right there. Damn they can write an anthemic song and the video/filmmaking is gorgeous. These album length films (from Beyoncé to The National) can really add to the music experience if done right and the Lumineers have knocked it out of the park. I am ready for part 4.

I caved and bought the Easy, Tiger reissue the other day for around $10. That being said I have yet to spin or listen to any of his music since all the unpleasantness surfaced. Unfortunately, his music was a soundtrack to a lot of my life so chances are I will probably return to it at some point though I don’t fault anyone who can’t get past the assholery and enjoy the art.

If he were to avoid legal issues, repairing his image will require him to be perceived as having changed and not be the same difficult personality he's been throughout his career. If he can't turn that corner convincingly, I suspect he'll need to move on to other endeavors behind the scenes where the spotlight isn't so bright. I don't think we'll ever see the three albums scheduled for release this year. I wasn't as excited about 'Big Colors' but 'Wednesdays' sounded promising with Jason Isbell guesting, among others.

Back