Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

I guess Gothic Country qualifies here. Anyone remember Blanche? They were out of Detroit. Fronted by a husband and wife, and they dressed in old timey clothes when they performed live. They had to be hotter than hell on stage. They're friends of Jack White, or at least they were back then. Always really liked this tune that was on a Bloodshot Records compilation. Wicked lyrics that Johnny Cash would have appreciated.

Midland is my goto artist when I wanna listen to country but I don't know what. That album is so smooth.
I think they are supposed to have a new album dropping this coming Autumn which is great and all but I prefer my country music in the Summer months (barbecue, bon fires, road trips, etc..) they should be required to no later than the 4th of July.

I guess Gothic Country qualifies here. Anyone remember Blanche? They were out of Detroit. Fronted by a husband and wife, and they dressed in old timey clothes when they performed live. They had to be hotter than hell on stage. They're friends of Jack White, or at least they were back then. Always really liked this tune that was on a Bloodshot Records compilation. Wicked lyrics that Johnny Cash would have appreciated.

Saw them open for the White Stripes back in the day. Great band!

Really like this loose version of Old 97's 'Good With God' from Rhett Miller and Nikki Lane. Brandi Carlile performs on the album version, and that one is also great. They put a lot of vocal effects on Brandi's part though.

Back