Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

You played more guitar than usual on the new album.

Yeah, I love to play. It’s good for me. But I just did a bluegrass album with a lot of great bluegrass musicians, and I didn’t play Trigger at all. It’s the first album ever that I didn’t play Trigger since I’ve had him.
Well, I'll be damned.

Been checking out the new Charles Wesley Godwin due to all the love he gets around here. There's some phenomenal stuff here, but it feels a bit bloated and unbalanced. I feel like there's a 4.5/5 album in here but it's plodded itself down to a 3.25...

Absolutely, the album is way too long in my opinion, Definitely not as a good as his previous two.

I know this has been of interest to some in past months. Posting here in case you haven't found a way to subscribe (it remains a mystery, likely attached to recent purchases made on Bandcamp). In any case, I can highly recommend Margo Cilker and Nick Shoulders, and excited to check some of the others out. I got to see the Po Ramblin' Boys play several of these Jim Lauderdale songs at Pickathon this year.

Man this new Jason Hawk Harris album is killer, but it’s also just gut punch after gut punch. Reminds me a lot of the Purple Mountains album from a few years ago where it’s obviously great but it’s a tough listen bc the subject matter is just so heavy. I read that most of it was written to cope with losing his mother to cancer.

Last edited:
Willi Carlisle is dropping his new album preorder this week, also if you don't have the new John R Miller what are you doing with your life. I don't know how it is possible that his songwriting gets better every album.

Last edited:
Back