Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

Learn something new everyday. The uncutbbest of 2023 has Elijah McLaughlin Ensemble - III and Jim Ghedi and Toby Hay - s/t listed as #75 and 74. The ensemble is described as jazz mixed with American Primitivism. The other is just straight up Primitivism. Had never come across the term before today but it is a music I have been getting in to recently with Yasmin Williams, Bryan Rahija and then @Yer Ol' Uncle D throwing a double shot of Daniel Bachman at us. Anyhow good stuff and the two albums that Uncitbinteoduced me to are worth checking out if you like any or all of those others.

Learn something new everyday. The uncutbbest of 2023 has Elijah McLaughlin Ensemble - III and Jim Ghedi and Toby Hay - s/t listed as #75 and 74. The ensemble is described as jazz mixed with American Primitivism. The other is just straight up Primitivism. Had never come across the term before today but it is a music I have been getting in to recently with Yasmin Williams, Bryan Rahija and then @Yer Ol' Uncle D throwing a double shot of Daniel Bachman at us. Anyhow good stuff and the two albums that Uncitbinteoduced me to are worth checking out if you like any or all of those others.
I love this genre, but it seems the term “American primitive” has become somewhat controversial over the past couple years. The article below touches on it briefly but I also remember Yasmin Williams going on a bit of a twitter rant about it a couple years back as well.

Back