Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

charles wesley godwin seems to be zach bryan's best mate, and they constantly tour together

i think bryan is a superstar in the making and i can't believe how quickly he's blown up

mind you, i said the same the first time i heard "teardrops on my guitar" and was blown away to be told it was written and performed by a 15 year old

looks like the zach bryan feat. kacey musgraves song is going to replace the bloodnut (not actually a neo-con) "rich men of richmond" song at #1 on the billboard charts

it'll be the first chart topper for both artists
Hot take, CWG is better than Zach! Love his voice and songwriting and his band is better.

I picked up a copy of Run Rose Run recently and along with exploring eras of her recording that I had previously ignored through the VMP series and reissues, I’ve started to release that Dolly is one of the most consistent Country performers with her level of longevity. Johnny, Willie, and Waylon all made some straight garbage. Kris went off to Hollywood. Merle might come close but there are areas of his stuff I don’t know so well. Loretta and Tammy had some duds too over the years. I’m not saying Dolly has made nothing but classics and Bangers, her ratio of not so good just seems smaller.

Very much looking forward to new Childers, Cilker, Miller, and Shoulders. Any others I should keep on my radar?

Really excited for Charles Wesley Godwin, Dale Hollow, Jobi Riccio, and Ashley McBryde as well. It is not on this list, but I know Willi Carlisle has a new album coming out in November too.

Very much looking forward to new Childers, Cilker, Miller, and Shoulders. Any others I should keep on my radar?

Really excited for Charles Wesley Godwin, Dale Hollow, Jobi Riccio, and Ashley McBryde as well. It is not on this list, but I know Willi Carlisle has a new album coming out in November too.

Looking forward to most of these as well, but to add to the list I’m very excited for new Logan Ledger, Lillie Mae, Willy Tea Taylor, Jeffrey Martin, and Jason Hawk Harris.

Looking forward to most of these as well, but to add to the list I’m very excited for new Logan Ledger, Lillie Mae, Willy Tea Taylor, Jeffrey Martin, and Jason Hawk Harris.
Yeah just discovered Jeffrey Martin, so good. Lillie is awesome. no vinyl yet though. Thought about going to her release show at The Basement this weekend but it is same night as Bama/Texas game so that is a tough call. I know Logan is doing an instore at the Groove on Sunday, Can't go to everything unfortunately.

Yeah just discovered Jeffrey Martin, so good. Lillie is awesome. no vinyl yet though. Thought about going to her release show at The Basement this weekend but it is same night as Bama/Texas game so that is a tough call. I know Logan is doing an instore at the Groove on Sunday, Can't go to everything unfortunately.
Yep was considering it also. But a little torn bc as you mentioned, the Logan Ledger instore, but also TK & The Holy Know Nothings, Cut Worms, and Sunny War also all have shows in town this weekend. I can’t make up my mind right now, but leaning heavily toward the TK show.

It always happens that way though. Was really pumped to see Tre Burt in November but then Vincent Neil Emerson comes along and announce a show the same night.

A few months late to the party, but after seeing they were playing here a couple weeks ago (though I ended up missing it) and noting they're from Nevada City, a "family" connection, I finally got around to listening to Two Runner on Bandcamp. Really glad to have a copy of the record in my possession now.

Yeah he is one of my absolute favorites. You going to the Whizzbang Revue showcase on Tuesday at Vinyl Lab?
Nope, unfortunately missing everything going on next week bc I’ll be out of town on family vacation. Going to check out Sons of Rainer tonight at Bobbies Idle Hour though.

Nope, unfortunately missing everything going on next week bc I’ll be out of town on family vacation. Going to check out Sons of Rainer tonight at Bobbies Idle Hour though.

That is a bummer, but a family vacation sounds nice too. I am going to try to go the Whizzbang Revue and to see Mariel Buckley at the Bluebird and William Prince, Fantastic Cat Friday night at 3rd and Lindsley but nothing else I am dying to see. Living in the Nashville kind of spoils you with good shows.

That is a bummer, but a family vacation sounds nice too. I am going to try to go the Whizzbang Revue and to see Mariel Buckley at the Bluebird and William Prince, Fantastic Cat Friday night at 3rd and Lindsley but nothing else I am dying to see. Living in the Nashville kind of spoils you with good shows.

I really wanted to check this out but I get back in town about 2 hours after it starts.

Back