Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

Clunker? No mon. Good vibes.

The concept was great and if someone other than Don Was had produced it, it could have been excellent.
I mean this is kind of my point. Wasn’t a bad idea, just not great execution. He should have just flown down to Jamaica and worked with Perry.

2024-Buckeye-Outdoor-1248x680_web-a75308d900.jpg

It is just insane to me how quickly that dude blew up. It like he is the Taylor Swift of Americana. Most of his fans seem to be super young like Taylor's. Personal opinion, Charley is the best on that bill followed by Charles Wesley Godwin.
We saw him last summer at the local fairgrounds. I think he just started getting some radio play. Pretty mellow both days, then all of a sudden the place filled up before he came on. I was digging him before, but had no the place would go nuts.

It is just insane to me how quickly that dude blew up. It like he is the Taylor Swift of Americana. Most of his fans seem to be super young like Taylor's. Personal opinion, Charley is the best on that bill followed by Charles Wesley Godwin.
Billy is the only one I actively listen to. Trying out Bryan recently, but I'm new to it. Troubadours are okay. I like Levi. I have not warmed to Charley yet. I don't know Godwin.

Billy is the only one I actively listen to. Trying out Bryan recently, but I'm new to it. Troubadours are okay. I like Levi. I have not warmed to Charley yet. I don't know Godwin.

Billy is too Grateful Dead to me even though I love Bluegrass, I'm with you on Troubadours. Don't know Levi. Charles Wesley Godwin is about to get huge I am afraid and so his Ryman show will be my last chance to see him at decent size venue. Charley is good on his record but he's amazing live.

Billy is too Grateful Dead to me even though I love Bluegrass, I'm with you on Troubadours. Don't know Levi. Charles Wesley Godwin is about to get huge I am afraid and so his Ryman show will be my last chance to see him at decent size venue. Charley is good on his record but he's amazing live.
I was late to the Charles Wesley Godwin party (by like a week after he played here, grrr). But I agree, if he doesn’t blow up that’s bonkers. The fact that weird redhead Tyler rip off dude that got tiktok famous is better known than Godwin is a serious tragedy.

Anyway Bryan announced a whole ass string of shows (including here). Insane to think Isbell or Turnpike are considered support on that bill. But that dude is selling a metric crapton of tickets wherever he goes. I like him well enough but not sure I get the fanaticism.

I was late to the Charles Wesley Godwin party (by like a week after he played here, grrr). But I agree, if he doesn’t blow up that’s bonkers. The fact that weird redhead Tyler rip off dude that got tiktok famous is better known than Godwin is a serious tragedy.

Anyway Bryan announced a whole ass string of shows (including here). Insane to think Isbell or Turnpike are considered support on that bill. But that dude is selling a metric crapton of tickets wherever he goes. I like him well enough but not sure I get the fanaticism.
The new one is the one I've liked the most so far (Bryan).

I was also pleasantly surprised by the new Zach Bryan.

Admittedly, I haven't listened to much since the DeAnn album, but it all kind of droned together for me. The new one is way more interesting, based upon initial impressions.

charles wesley godwin seems to be zach bryan's best mate, and they constantly tour together

i think bryan is a superstar in the making and i can't believe how quickly he's blown up

mind you, i said the same the first time i heard "teardrops on my guitar" and was blown away to be told it was written and performed by a 15 year old

looks like the zach bryan feat. kacey musgraves song is going to replace the bloodnut (not actually a neo-con) "rich men of richmond" song at #1 on the billboard charts

it'll be the first chart topper for both artists

Back