Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

Carly Pearce is adding tracks to '29' to make it a full length album. Really excited about this; 29 was such a solid body of work. So far no vinyl announced. Carly Pearce • 29: Written In Stone

This is starting to pop up to Pre-Order on indie stores. 2lp coming 1/28/21.
Pumped. The EP is one of my favorite releases this year.

I think this will probably be a bit more appreciated here than on the “What’s Spinning” thread. I recently did a deep dive into Billy Joe Shaver’s discography beyond Old Five and Dimer Like Me. He didn’t release too many albums but they are all pretty great. Anyways tracking down even some of his late 80s albums for a decent price has proven a bit tough but I got a good deal on eBay auction on this one…

Billy Joe Shaver - Salt Of The Earth
DF3A2DE1-74F9-4A60-99C6-23826A2FC5EC.jpeg

This album is fantastic all the way through and worth checking out if you’re so inclined.

I think this will probably be a bit more appreciated here than on the “What’s Spinning” thread. I recently did a deep dive into Billy Joe Shaver’s discography beyond Old Five and Dimer Like Me. He didn’t release too many albums but they are all pretty great. Anyways tracking down even some of his late 80s albums for a decent price has proven a bit tough but I got a good deal on eBay auction on this one…

Billy Joe Shaver - Salt Of The Earth
View attachment 108608

This album is fantastic all the way through and worth checking out if you’re so inclined.

"Old Five and Dimer" would be ideal for VMP Country to get Kevin Gray to remaster and issue. You are right that a lot of his pre90s albums on Columbia, Compadre, Monument and Capricorn are excellent but hard to come by used in good shape and affordable. I don't know who owns those labels rights these days but a nice Shaver box would be awesome. The later Shaver stuff with his son Eddy--"Victory" in particular-- is also good as it's almost a 'greatest hits'.

Last edited:
"Old Five and Dimer" would be ideal for VMP Country to get Kevin Gray to remaster and issue. You are right that a lot of his pre90s albums on Capricorn are both excellent but hard to come by used in good shape and affordable. I don't know who owns the Capricorn label rights these days but a nice Shaver box would be awesome. The later Shaver stuff with his son Eddy--"Victory" in particular-- is also good as it's almost a 'greatest hits'.
Yeah, I assumed with his passing there would be a bit of a push to reissue a lot of his albums, similarly to John Prine but nothing so far. I would love for Rhino or Craft to reissue his discography.

I really want someone to press the Rusty Kershaw album Now and Then. It’s brilliant and kind of a companion piece to Neil Young’s On the Beach which Rusty was a big part of. Neil is all over the album too. Listen to the Cocaine & Rhinestones episode about Rusty and Doug Kershaw and it talks a lot about Neil and Rusty and On the Beach. It’s a fantastic listen. The album has never been on vinyl and I need it badly.

Back