Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

Am I dreaming but wasn’t there something about more music or new album being announced from Watchhouse fka Mandolin Orange on the 19th?

I know a little Billy Strings but not super familiar -- but he's doing two nights at a 10K capacity venue near me. Is he THAT big!?

I know a little Billy Strings but not super familiar -- but he's doing two nights at a 10K capacity venue near me. Is he THAT big!?

I was wondering the same thing. I suspect it may have been booked as a limited capacity show (ala Grace Potter) and then with the rapid reopening up here may be adjusted out since he had the dates locked in?

I was wondering the same thing. I suspect it may have been booked as a limited capacity show (ala Grace Potter) and then with the rapid reopening up here may be adjusted out since he had the dates locked in?
He just played three nights at a stadium in Mobile, AL which has a capacity of 40k. He has tapped into the jamband/Dead/Nugs fanbase.

He just played three nights at a stadium in Mobile, AL which has a capacity of 40k. He has tapped into the jamband/Dead/Nugs fanbase.

Well then I'm just out of touch. He was playing a 2k House of Blues in Boston with I'm With Her as a co-headliner two years ago, but yeah his other bookings are pretty big.

Now whether he'll actually pull those crowds is a different deal. The venue Ken's referring two pulled in like 3-4k for a Brandi Carlile / Jason Isbell double bill a few years back. It's a big mainstream country pull venue but not so much other genres.

Well then I'm just out of touch. He was playing a 2k House of Blues in Boston with I'm With Her as a co-headliner two years ago, but yeah his other bookings are pretty big.

Now whether he'll actually pull those crowds is a different deal. The venue Ken's referring two pulled in like 3-4k for a Brandi Carlile / Jason Isbell double bill a few years back. It's a big mainstream country pull venue but not so much other genres.
Yeah, Id imagine Alabama his name ID is way bigger. Here in New Hampshire, he's never done a show here, so surprise they went with two shows. I'd imagine ticket sales will be sluggish. I think two or three years ago there was an Allison Krauss show and they had to eventually add a co-headliner to the date to move enough tickets to make the show worth it. You nailed it with it's Mainstream country pull, and secondarily classic rock acts I'd assume perform well with the age demographics of the state and tourism of the Lakes Region.

I can't imagine Americana, Bluegrass or related genres doing well in a venue like that here unless it's some stacked lineup with a lot of notable acts.

Yeah, Id imagine Alabama his name ID is way bigger. Here in New Hampshire, he's never done a show here, so surprise they went with two shows. I'd imagine ticket sales will be sluggish. I think two or three years ago there was an Allison Krauss show and they had to eventually add a co-headliner to the date to move enough tickets to make the show worth it. You nailed it with it's Mainstream country pull, and secondarily classic rock acts I'd assume perform well with the age demographics of the state and tourism of the Lakes Region.

I can't imagine Americana, Bluegrass or related genres doing well in a venue like that here unless it's some stacked lineup with a lot of notable acts.

At least historically this is on point. I know some artists (like Tedeschi Trucks) will play it every year regardless of turnout just because they love the venue but most of the time it's multi-band bills or genre stars really. Like the only artists with two shows this year on full capacity are DMB, Chris Stapleton, and now Billy Strings. I just think of seeing Willie Nelson / Alison Krauss / Kacey Musgraves on a single bill there and they got one show and find it hard to believe Billy is going to pull this crowd up here.

I kinda hope it's slow. I threw him on this afternoon and I feel like my girlfriend would dig it live...for like $20 a ticket if they have that sale this year.

At least historically this is on point. I know some artists (like Tedeschi Trucks) will play it every year regardless of turnout just because they love the venue but most of the time it's multi-band bills or genre stars really. Like the only artists with two shows this year on full capacity are DMB, Chris Stapleton, and now Billy Strings. I just think of seeing Willie Nelson / Alison Krauss / Kacey Musgraves on a single bill there and they got one show and find it hard to believe Billy is going to pull this crowd up here.

I kinda hope it's slow. I threw him on this afternoon and I feel like my girlfriend would dig it live...for like $20 a ticket if they have that sale this year.
Nice! I'm debating about going to see Billy. I'll probably attend the third Stapleton show.

This is lovely stuff. Jack Ingram, Miranda Lambert and Jon Randall sitting around singing and jamming. View attachment 99922

I was just coming in to mention this. My friend mentioned it to me, and this is really not my thing usually, but it's fantastic in the way you describe. She's too big to do this but I'm having a grand old time imagining these three on a small stage in like a 500-1000 person venue just playing it straight through then doing some other acoustic style songs.

I did not but suddenly I'm determining if I can swing this. Willie + Sturgill is a guaranteed good time.

I'm going to try to make this one too, although September is a crazy month. I've never seen Willie and I dont know how many more opportunities I'll have. Also, I'm a dork and I just sent a message to the venue to reach out to Charlie Marie for the side stage they run.

Back