Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

Sturgill and Oh Boy, what could this be. I am guessing he is doing a cover on Broken Windows Volume II.

You were right on. Sturgill doing Paradise.

This track is nice. Though, I hope the rest of the album is a bit more upbeat than this, part of my love for his debut was how fun and upbeat it was.
Oh man I’m the exact opposite. I love the debut, but I’m a sucker for a pretty finger picked melody and this is pretty immediately my favorite song of his. Reminds me of a John Prine tune.

Oh man I’m the exact opposite. I love the debut, but I’m a sucker for a pretty finger picked melody and this is pretty immediately my favorite song of his. Reminds me of a John Prine tune.
LOL, I think of Prine as fun and upbeat too. Obviously Prine has a pretty diverse songwriting catalog.

There was blue vinyl? I didn't preorder it because I thought there was only black and I'd get it after I heard it...oh well. The album is fab though.
The new album is not country in the sound or sense that her earlier albums were. "Rosegold" is on her own label and to.me, is closer in sound to Kacey Musgraves' "Golden Hour" than Ashley's previous albums. It is a quiet album, more of a late night chill out record with mostly slower beats and programmed sounds. Her voice sounds great. I sense more and more artists like her, Amanda Shires, Margo and Kacey who didn't get airplay on country radio are going to continue moving towards pop and rock records.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to his record.

About 25 years ago when this pandemic started, John R. Miller was doing a direct to 7" recording of a song of your choice for $25.00. I ordered Faustina and then forgot about it until it showed up at my door months later.

"Hey Matt, thanks for the support, this one is called Faustina and it's recorded just for you." I've only listened to it a few times, but it's pretty cool. I'm glad the song is getting a proper release.

Charlie with a 9 on SCM. Wahoo!

Back