Concert/Gig Posters! It's Back!

Apparently these sold out, so I'm really glad I jumped on it as soon as I saw the tweet about it. I didn't go to this taping, but I did catch the first of their 3 sold out nights at The Mohawk the weekend before this one. This poster is way cooler than the one for The Mohawk shows.

S45_BlackPumas.jpg

This was my last Concert I attended, got #83/150, Sturgill was on fire. He said at the start that he had been playing the same set for the last few weeks and was going to change it up tonight and that sound and lighting didn't even know what was gonna be coming......left with my face melted!

1585350263989.png

I mentioned this last month, but I contacted the artist for this poster out of the blue, wondering if he had any spare copies of this long-sold out poster from my first Wilco headlining show a few years ago on my birthday. I got pretty damn lucky that he said he found an artist proof while cleaning out his studio recently. It's based on a local landmark, Honest Ed's, that was around the corner from my place when I first moved to Toronto over ten years ago for school. Sadly it was torn down recently for condos, but I'm super excited to memorialize it on my wall forever.

PXL_20201006_175724305.jpg

I mentioned this last month, but I contacted the artist for this poster out of the blue, wondering if he had any spare copies of this long-sold out poster from my first Wilco headlining show a few years ago on my birthday. I got pretty damn lucky that he said he found an artist proof while cleaning out his studio recently. It's based on a local landmark, Honest Ed's, that was around the corner from my place when I first moved to Toronto over ten years ago for school. Sadly it was torn down recently for condos, but I'm super excited to memorialize it on my wall forever.

View attachment 69178
Holy shit THAT. IS. INCREDIBLE. That is such a piece of Toronto history. Wow.

Concert posters and flyers are my favorite thing ever! Here are some of my collections from over the years.

View attachment 69182View attachment 69183View attachment 69184View attachment 69185View attachment 69186View attachment 69187

I love this. I've been trying to envision this hanging more in this format (mural-like?) instead of the single posters horizontally, but I don't have enough different sized items yet to really create the effect.

Also love all the RHCP items.

Back