Atmosphere and related.
I actually have a copy of Felt 2 on the way, and 3 I plan on getting from RSD

View attachment 45133Brother Ali
View attachment 45134
Aesop Rock

In wantlist is The Uncluded, and the Lice EpsView attachment 45135
Other random Rhymesayers stuff
Just waiting on @EmeryRK to PIF me a copy of First BornView attachment 45136
Dude that Atmosphere stack. Fucking goals.

I don't know that it will ever be possible to achieve a complete Sun Ra collection (even acquiring releases at a rate of approximately one every two weeks for the past year hasn't even brought me to a point I could consider it to be 25%), so here's some Babe Ruth instead!

20210415_163701.jpg

[edit: typo]

Last edited:
About 13 months ago Shabaka and The Ancestors showed up in my Google Music suggestions. I became a bit of a Shabaka Hutchings stan right out the gates and acquired most of these within the following few months. There are still a great many albums on which he plays that I've yet to get, but I'm pretty pleased with how this has come together so far...
20210415_165731.jpg20210415_164549.jpg20210415_164907.jpg20210415_165503.jpg

About 13 months ago Shabaka and The Ancestors showed up in my Google Music suggestions. I became a bit of a Shabaka Hutchings stan right out the gates and acquired most of these within the following few months. There are still a great many albums on which he plays that I've yet to get, but I'm pretty pleased with how this has come together so far...
View attachment 95765View attachment 95766View attachment 95767View attachment 95768
You probably know about this but one of my favourites of his (uncredited but it's definitely him) is 1000 Kings. Slightly surprised to see how much this is now going for but it's a cracking album.
1000 Kings – Raw Cause (2018, Vinyl)

You probably know about this but one of my favourites of his (uncredited but it's definitely him) is 1000 Kings. Slightly surprised to see how much this is now going for but it's a cracking album.
1000 Kings – Raw Cause (2018, Vinyl)

One of my whitest of whales, that one!
Funnily enough, I believe this was my first ever Bandcamp purchase. I was just discovering the platform when I stumbled across 1000 Kings and thought the album was fantastic. I even set up an account right there to be able to get it.

It also came out that the person on the cover wearing the mask is Laura Mvula, which was a cool reveal.

Funnily enough, I believe this was my first ever Bandcamp purchase. I was just discovering the platform when I stumbled across 1000 Kings and thought the album was fantastic. I even set up an account right there to be able to get it.

It also came out that the person on the cover wearing the mask is Laura Mvula, which was a cool reveal.
That is way cool on both counts! I'm excited for some new Laura Mvula this year.

View attachment 95765View attachment 95766View attachment 95767View attachment 95768

I hope to have one of these pictures too.. absolutely love everything he's featured on. I had no idea he was on Moses Sumney's album.

In addition to 1000 Kings recommend by @Poly-Rythmo I also recommend getting Yazz Ahmed's - La Saboteuese which he plays quite a bit on and I like his contributions to the Austrian group Shake Stew's debut.

General Music & Vinyl

Would love to find that one.
For now, streaming on BandCamp hits the spot.

So this was one of my white whales for a while. I never trusted it would happen but it'ss long out of print. I really had to try hard to track a copy down and I can tell you it came directly from the band's "secret stash". Hope they repress it...it's really one of my favourite albums.

I hope to have one of these pictures too.. absolutely love everything he's featured on. I had no idea he was on Moses Sumney's album.

In addition to 1000 Kings recommend by @Poly-Rythmo I also recommend getting Yazz Ahmed's - La Saboteuese which he plays quite a bit on and I like his contributions to the Austrian group Shake Stew's debut.

So this was one of my white whales for a while. I never trusted it would happen but it'ss long out of print. I really had to try hard to track a copy down and I can tell you it came directly from the band's "secret stash". Hope they repress it...it's really one of my favourite albums.

I haven't checked out the Shake Stew stuff yet, so I'll put that higher on my priority list. I absolutely love that Yazz Ahmed album, but my local is unable to get it and any price/shipping combo I've found online so far has been a little beyond my comfort levels. Sadly.

I haven't checked out the Shake Stew stuff yet, so I'll put that higher on my priority list. I absolutely love that Yazz Ahmed album, but my local is unable to get it and any price/shipping combo I've found online so far has been a little beyond my comfort levels. Sadly.
I bought a sealed copy of La Saboteuse a while ago and lucked out as it was the limited pressing. One cool thing about the set is the booklet that comes with it. Each musician has a mini-bio with a photograph. I think it also comes with the standard pressing as well. Here is Shabaka's entry:

IMG_8991.jpg

Back