Ch Ch Ch Changes! - David Bowie Talk

Looking at this some more, I am glad this is not a vinyl boxset. I have the 2 recent (and overpriced) 7in boxsets plus the Mercury Demos. All of which are on here. So there are just really a few odds and ends in this set, plus the Visconti remix. I might just pick up the vinyl of the Visconti remix and wait to grad the cd boxset when it is cheap.

Expensive box set season.. got the cult , Beatles , REM , marillion on order ..this Bowie Set is very tempting as didn’t spring for any of the other demo vinyl releases... Pink Floyd looking more and more of a rip off

Expensive box set season.. got the cult , Beatles , REM , marillion on order ..this Bowie Set is very tempting as didn’t spring for any of the other demo vinyl releases... Pink Floyd looking more and more of a rip off

This is looking like a cheap box set season for me. Just Abbey Road (although I’d like the James Taylor Warner albums box). I’ll get the R.E.M. single disc version.

Last November by comparison, the white and esher set and the 4 Kate Bush boxes...

Has anyone picked up either Conversation Piece cd set or the vinyl of the Visconti remix of Space Oddity? Thoughts? I am just giving the vinyl a spin right now. Overall I like the remix/remaster. Nice instrument separation. I find it most notable with some of the backing vocals being more prominent. It is a bit weird hearing Conversation Piece in between Freecloud and God Knows I'm Good. After hearing Space Oddity 5 billion times it really threw me with the backing vocals and mellotron really brought forward. Overall I am happy with it.

While some will say it all reeks of cash-grab, but I find the Visconti mixes that have come out over the last few years to all be very enjoyable.

New Bowie mini-lp - David Bowie Is It Any Wonder.

Looks like physical version will only through official webstore. Pre sale starts Feb 14.

I have a feeling that they might try to do a spreadout 50th anniversary for TMWSTW like they did for Space Oddity. A special version of the album and a cd boxset of demos like Conversation Piece, plus a few over-price 7in boxsets.

I went to order that 6-song 12" EP, but I can't justify $30 shipped at this time.
I'll wait for the secondary market to grab one that someone in the USA fell out of love with.

Back