Ch Ch Ch Changes! - David Bowie Talk

Look who showed up today.View attachment 168062
A quick update on this if you are on the fence about getting the vinyl. If you see it for good price, don't hesitate. The pressing quality is great (as most Bowie reissues), flat and quiet. I found the soundstage a bit narrow but that makes sense since these were essentially demos or alternate versions.

As an album, it hangs together very nicely. I have always been surprised that Bombers was left off the original album, so it is nice to have it here. Even though all these songs are on the cd boxset, it is a nice to have them sequenced like a proper album.

A quick update on this if you are on the fence about getting the vinyl. If you see it for good price, don't hesitate. The pressing quality is great (as most Bowie reissues), flat and quiet. I found the soundstage a bit narrow but that makes sense since these were essentially demos or alternate versions.

As an album, it hangs together very nicely. I have always been surprised that Bombers was left off the original album, so it is nice to have it here. Even though all these songs are on the cd boxset, it is a nice to have them sequenced like a proper album.

Agree - a nice release - beautiful packaging too

I'm listening to the Glass Spider live album right now and it's got me thinking about all the live shows I have across all these box sets. And there are tons more that were released over the last few years.

I think Nassau Coliseum is my favorite. But Live at BBC from Box #5, the full version of Stage from box #2 and Serious Moonlight are all pretty excellent too.

You guys know way more of these than me. What would be the best one outside the boxes? Whether it's sound quality, the show being unique, or David being in particularly solid form....

I saw it at my local shop today, but I can't buy until after Sunday (selling at a record show) - maybe I'll get a copy there.
Have 2 live sets set for delivery tomorrow, of course I won't be home.

Glastonbury is fine, but I think the BBC Theatre that was recorded the day before is better. I also prefer A Reality Tour box set to Glastonbury.

As for the Brilliant Adventures albums, my list shifts depending on mood but Something in the Air (Paris 99) and Ouvrez Le Chien (Dallas 95) are always up there.

Glastonbury is fine, but I think the BBC Theatre that was recorded the day before is better. I also prefer A Reality Tour box set to Glastonbury.

As for the Brilliant Adventures albums, my list shifts depending on mood but Something in the Air (Paris 99) and Ouvrez Le Chien (Dallas 95) are always up there.

Is the BBC Theatre the one in the 5th box?

Interesting article on a cover Bowie did on Let's Dance
That was fun. I really liked listening to the original and what Bowie did to it. I do wish he had kept the original lyrics.

Picked this up at a local today, used, but it appears to be in pristine condition. I'm not a huge Bowie collector and don't have any box sets, just individual albums. Thought this might be a good way to fill the comp gap. Looks like a good collection of his earlier stuff.

BowieBBC.jpg

BowieBBC2.jpg

Back