Ch Ch Ch Changes! - David Bowie Talk

Wonder how they will deal with Next Day in the next box since the vinyl version has 17 tracks but the cd version only 14 tracks. Even stranger is the vinyl came with a cd version, which has all the vinyl tracks.

I think they have to go with the longer one. There a real shortage of the sort of “filler” stuff in this era, there’s not even that much live stuff around given his live retirement early on. Everything official and out there will be stuffed in.

Well either that or they grant Tony Visconti his every wish…

Just got home from seeing Moonage Daydream at an IMAX. Definitely worth for both the visuals and sound, though the speaker placement is not exactly conducive to Bowie speaking (he was a quiet talker). I recommend seeing it in IMAX if you get the chance. The live performances really benefit from the specific IMAX mix. The crowd noise is behind you and feels like you are right there.

I wouldn't call it a documentary and it is not a performance movie either. Not sure what to classify it as other than non-fiction musical art. You won't learn anything new as Morgen didn't conduct any interviews with Bowie, Morgen just uses old interviews and it is mostly just Bowie talking.

Also I have given the soundtrack a listen on streaming as well. It is great but best for streaming or cd. I don't really see a reason to get this on vinyl unless it is some sort of crazy deluxe package (blu ray?). A lot of the songs are straight up remixes and many are really well done. There is also a great version of Space Oddity that starts with the studio track and that segues nicely into a live version from the 90s. Plus you get to see/hear Jeff Beck play at the last Ziggy show.

I am curious if they will do a fancy blu ray package in time for Xmas with both the movie and the music in 5.1?

Excellent..hoped they continue with these sets ...hopefully they can do some uniform packaging
Yes. I like the layout of both Conversation Piece and Width of a Circle but the fact they are totally different sized is crazy. Conversation Piece is close to 12in in the slip case and fits in with the vinyl in the Kallax. But the WoaC is about the size of a 7” so I file it in a different cube.

Holy crap, just saw the price on these. The cd set is $200 clams on the Bowie site. I paid $100cdn for Conversation Piece cd set, which did not have a blu ray but about as comprehensive.

Edit: weird, the US store is only $69 bucks, much more reasonable. Not sure how they have it listed at $200 cdn. Shipping can't be $100

Holy crap, just saw the price on these. The cd set is $200 clams on the Bowie site. I paid $100cdn for Conversation Piece cd set, which did not have a blu ray but about as comprehensive.

Edit: weird, the US store is only $69 bucks, much more reasonable. Not sure how they have it listed at $200 cdn. Shipping can't be $100
If you need a go-between, hit me up

Blimey , Beatles and now Bowie box sets ..need a bigger house
I have to just duck out of this round. I have a ton of his earlier stuff and the box set of him at the BBC, so I think I'm good. This era Bowie is not even the era that I like the most--I really love his stretch of stuff from the late 70's with Brian Eno.

I have to just duck out of this round. I have a ton of his earlier stuff and the box set of him at the BBC, so I think I'm good. This era Bowie is not even the era that I like the most--I really love his stretch of stuff from the late 70's with Brian Eno.
Hunky Dory is not one of my faves either. I need to compare the track list against the BBC box.

Who am I kidding. I will buy it.

I picked mine up for $180 canadian at the time and I remember thinking it was expensive.... boy have things changed.
If I saw that for that price now I would buy 5!
Just had a listen in the car to the Moonage Daydream soundtrack ..most entertaining...worth a listen imo ..the live Jean Jeanie is great ...
Definitely a cd/streamer. I think vinyl would actually hurt the flow.

If I saw that for that price now I would buy 5!

No kidding! I didn't even shop for it. I looked on Amazon and it was that price. I was actually sitting in the stands at the Bell Center, in between periods, waiting for my buddy who went to pick up beers. I just pressed the buy button. I remember holding off on the Who Can I Be Now? for a month after that because it was $220 and I was hoping it would come down in price. It didn't and I eventually just went for it.

Back