Bugs

I’m having extreme difficulties posting any pics at all. It keeps saying File to large for the server to process. It’s so frustrating!!!
What a pain . Then I have to resize and that.

What’s the file limit??? Is this the way it will be permanently? Sooooooo frustrating

I had the same question a few days ago. I know Admin staff said they are looking into the issue but for now, yes we do have to live within some file size restrictions.

Oddly, I took the same size picture and was able to successfully upload it even though a previous attempt was unsuccessful. Weirdness abounds.

I had the same question a few days ago. I know Admin staff said they are looking into the issue but for now, yes we do have to live within some file size restrictions.

Oddly, I took the same size picture and was able to successfully upload it even though a previous attempt was unsuccessful. Weirdness abounds.

I was able to post 2 pics a few days ago after major editing it smaller....ect...ect but now it wont accept any size at all from my phone or laptop . :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: Tyr
I believe the file size limit is 2MB. Pretty easy to get to with a quick crop in Google Photos or something similar.

google photos??????? why should i have to mess with that? should be able to take a pic directly from my phone and post it the same way it was on the old VMP forum shouldent I?

google photos??????? why should i have to mess with that? should be able to take a pic directly from my phone and post it the same way it was on the old VMP forum shouldent I?
It's much easier on the server costs to have a file size limit. That's also why some people are linking images hosted by third parties instead of uploading here for now. I think the admin group is working on a permanent policy for this; it's been discussed a lot in the Site Information forum.

It's much easier on the server costs to have a file size limit. That's also why some people are linking images hosted by third parties instead of uploading here for now. I think the admin group is working on a permanent policy for this; it's been discussed a lot in the Site Information forum.

I will just use Imgur for now :cool:

I will just use Imgur for now :cool:
Yes, unfortunately it’s a small size limit now and we are looking at options but those are looking like add-ons which cost money. So third-party hosting is being encouraged for folks who don’t want to re-size but also because we don’t want to reach our storage limit before we’ve had a chance to price out options to increase storage.

I’m having extreme difficulties posting any pics at all. It keeps saying File to large for the server to process. It’s so frustrating!!!

What’s the file limit??? Is this the way it will be permanently? Sooooooo frustrating

Are you doing this on a phone ?
I noticed i had a problem with my iPhone because i forgot i had the “live” setting selected. That fixed the issue for me. ipad so far has had no probs attaching the pictures ive taken.

it's a long way around, but I find if I take a screenshot of the photos it says are too large, I can then post them no bother...

minor issue, but i'm switched off email sends for replied to / watched threads and they seem to continue to come thru regardless

The issue is that is your default for all future post. Any post it auto subscribed you to when you replied are still subscribed and you will have to individually unwatch them.

how is everyone posting gifs? in the old place i would copy them off google images and paste them in this box but that doesn't seem to work anymore. They get pasted as static images.

how is everyone posting gifs? in the old place i would copy them off google images and paste them in this box but that doesn't seem to work anymore. They get pasted as static images.

Copying and pasting gifs results in a static image being copied to the clipboard. You can still post images from google. Right click on the gif, and select "copy image url". You can then click the image icon on the editor here and paste that url.

safe_image.gif

End result seen above.

Keep in mind though that these URLs may be blocked from remote access. I would recommend using giphy or imgur over google.

Back