BOOM SHAKA LAKA! The N&G Fantasy Basketball Thead

Basketball fantasy gods....its been weeks and weeks....Please let Anthony Davis, Jerami Grant, and Porzingis to come back asap and in full health. It's bee quite long enough

Didn't realize there were early games!!!!! Left Killa Kuzma on the bench with 10 points 11 rebounds3 assists 3 blocks a steal.....and counting.

I suck.

You good with your GM deciding not to move Simmons until this summer so they can trade him for Harden?
It's complicated...

I'm not attached to any "wasting Embiid's prime" narratives because I don't think any of the rumored deals would move the needle for the sixers to be contenders for this season so I'm stuck on where I was during the beginning of the season which is all star level player or increased optionality towards obtaining an all star level player.

Moving Tobias Harris changes all that calculus which is probably why all the recent rumors involve him packaged with Simmons. Especially since it would be a necessity if you're trading for Barnes from the Kings or Collins from the Hawks.

But to the original question. If Morey thinks he even has like a ~25% chance of getting Harden during the offseason, I'm ok with him waiting it out as long as the owners can take the heat.

It's complicated...

I'm not attached to any "wasting Embiid's prime" narratives because I don't think any of the rumored deals would move the needle for the sixers to be contenders for this season so I'm stuck on where I was during the beginning of the season which is all star level player or increased optionality towards obtaining an all star level player.

Moving Tobias Harris changes all that calculus which is probably why all the recent rumors involve him packaged with Simmons. Especially since it would be a necessity if you're trading for Barnes from the Kings or Collins from the Hawks.

But to the original question. If Morey thinks he even has like a ~25% chance of getting Harden during the offseason, I'm ok with him waiting it out as long as the owners can take the heat.
the Simmons thing is still incredibly fascinating to me. I'm REALLY curious who they end up getting for him. I think Morey is eventually gonna have to settle and seeing him consider adding Tobi to packages makes me think that he thinks that as well. He's not getting players he wants so he's trying to offload salary and get back pieces for another trade.

I get that the end game is get players who help the team now and that makes sense. But I truly doubt Morey thought Simmons would have the resolve to sit out the entire season. I also think the likelihood of him getting an all star back is extremely low considering all the circumstances. I'd love to see the list of 25 or so players that Morey wants. I'd bet almost anything they are almost all laughable.

I don't think the rumored Kings trade was real--Haliburton + Barnes + Hield + 2 1sts for Tobi + Simmons + Thybulle....but I'd SERIOUSLY consider that offer. Think Bagley would also have to go to Philly for salary purposes...If the Kings want to send me Fox, I'm laughing and hanging up the phone.

Let's say the Nets implode, Harden is sick of Kyrie and wants to go to Philly. Does Philly REALLY want to be paying Harden 60+ mil a year at the age of 38?? Or does Morey not give a shit because that will be some other FO's problem/trying to win in the next year or two would be worth it? And I think if any other all star caliber players want out (Beal, Dame) other teams have better offers. Unless they demand to go to Philly...which maybe Harden does with Morey there. The whole thing is crazy.

Also the entire Zion situation is insane this year. Do people think he's healthier than he lets on and will demand a trade this summer? I can't remember something like these two cases (Simmons + Zion) happening any time recently, let alone in the same year...gotta feel bad for Pels fans.

the Simmons thing is still incredibly fascinating to me. I'm REALLY curious who they end up getting for him. I think Morey is eventually gonna have to settle and seeing him consider adding Tobi to packages makes me think that he thinks that as well. He's not getting players he wants so he's trying to offload salary and get back pieces for another trade.

I get that the end game is get players who help the team now and that makes sense. But I truly doubt Morey thought Simmons would have the resolve to sit out the entire season. I also think the likelihood of him getting an all star back is extremely low considering all the circumstances. I'd love to see the list of 25 or so players that Morey wants. I'd bet almost anything they are almost all laughable.

I don't think the rumored Kings trade was real--Haliburton + Barnes + Hield + 2 1sts for Tobi + Simmons + Thybulle....but I'd SERIOUSLY consider that offer. Think Bagley would also have to go to Philly for salary purposes...If the Kings want to send me Fox, I'm laughing and hanging up the phone.

Let's say the Nets implode, Harden is sick of Kyrie and wants to go to Philly. Does Philly REALLY want to be paying Harden 60+ mil a year at the age of 38?? Or does Morey not give a shit because that will be some other FO's problem/trying to win in the next year or two would be worth it? And I think if any other all star caliber players want out (Beal, Dame) other teams have better offers. Unless they demand to go to Philly...which maybe Harden does with Morey there. The whole thing is crazy.

Also the entire Zion situation is insane this year. Do people think he's healthier than he lets on and will demand a trade this summer? I can't remember something like these two cases (Simmons + Zion) happening any time recently, let alone in the same year...gotta feel bad for Pels fans.
Trading for Harden over the summer would be the equivalent of the Westbrook trades the past few years. You're chasing past glory from a player who is clearly on the downside of their career. I would rather take the Haliburton plus the others and 2 firsts deal at this point. Embid is clearly good enough to be the alpha dog on an NBA contender and I think things are moving back towards need a collection of talent instead of a couple max guys plus league minimums. I think flexibility is key with a situation like Philly's.

Trading for Harden over the summer would be the equivalent of the Westbrook trades the past few years. You're chasing past glory from a player who is clearly on the downside of their career. I would rather take the Haliburton plus the others and 2 firsts deal at this point. Embid is clearly good enough to be the alpha dog on an NBA contender and I think things are moving back towards need a collection of talent instead of a couple max guys plus league minimums. I think flexibility is key with a situation like Philly's.
don't think its as bad as the westbrook trades in the short term, but i do think harden's extension will be similar to westbrook's in that he is gonna be untradable in the later years of that deal. at least Harden can shoot...

but like you said, you're relying on two guys who have injury histories and wouldn't have much flexibility to add other pieces. the lakers and nets have shown that most good role players don't really wanna ring chase anymore.

i'm not convinced that the hali trade was ever real....wouldn't be shocked if the kings offered fox though. the rumored haliburton trade would be a very good mix of flexibility + young core piece to add. those kings picks would be real valuable in future trades.

Back