Black Friday RSD 2019

So....Nas and Edan are the only 2 things I care about for RSD BF. But I don't wanna go out for it this year. Both are RSD First but just in case I emailed Get On Down and Lewis Recordings about Nas and Edan, respectively, to see if they will actually see post-RSDBF wide releases. Awaiting Lewis but here is GoD response:

"we are doing a Metallic Silver for the RSD version....if we have leftovers, we will sell them online on the store.....if it sells out we will do a Black vinyl version, but that might not be right away, it might be in late jan or feb...it sort of depends on how the RSD orders look"

Ok here's my list:

Monster Movie - Last Night Something Happened

Gray - Shades of...

The Wrens - Silver

Jonathan Fire Eater - Wolf Songs for Lambs

Despite what was said, that Wrens album is pretty good. The Pixies worship is strong, as most reviews said back in the day, but it is still a noisy, crunchy slightly Indie rock album that I dig.

Coming on Black Friday Record Store Day Nov 22, 2019 | Here it is, rumored no more: More Mess On My Thing, the demo Bootsy Collins and his band recorded for James Brown in 1969 that won them the title “The J.B.’s” – and changed the course of popular music. Also included is the complete version of “When You Feel It, Grunt If You Can,” presenting two never-issued songs in a 22-minute medley, and the unreleased instrumental “The Wedge.”

This is the companion piece to Now-Again’s first-ever issue of the lost J.B.’s album These Are The J.B.’s. All tracks mixed by Mario Caldato, directly from the original multi-track masters. Overseen by Egon and Universal Music Group’s in-house Brown expert Harry Weinger.

Contains extensive booklet with full annotation, liner notes by Brown historian Alan Leeds and never-before-published photos.

Track List:

A1 More Mess On My Thing
A2 The Wedge
B1 When You Feel It Grunt If You Can (Complete Take)

This one sounds pretty cool too, late 70's avant-garde shit featuring Jean Michel Basquiat...

"1979, Downtown New York, Gray was making industrial music with sound. Jean-Michel Basquiat played the guitar with a metal file, Michael Holman played masking tape and steel ball bearings, Justin Thyme abstracted the keys, as Nick Taylor played his guitar with historical restraint.

Famed painter Jean Michel-Basquiat was one of the co-founders of the band Gray. This anthology features their previously limited self-release plus unreleased material, and remixes from Todd Rundgren, Hank Shocklee, King Britt, Sal P (Liquid Liquid), Deantoni Parks, Tewz, Free The Robots, and The Gaslamp Killer, along with features from Amir Yaghmai and Kool Keith."""

God damnit why am I reading this list, I am only supposed to be buying New Orleans stuff...but wtf.

"THE FUNK STARTS HERE
Here it is, rumored no more: the demo Bootsy Collins and his band recorded for James Brown in 1969 that won them the title “The J.B.’s” – and changed the course of popular music."

RSDBF '19 Special Release: JBs - More Mess On My Thing

This one sounds pretty cool too, late 70's avant-garde shit featuring Jean Michel Basquiat...

"1979, Downtown New York, Gray was making industrial music with sound. Jean-Michel Basquiat played the guitar with a metal file, Michael Holman played masking tape and steel ball bearings, Justin Thyme abstracted the keys, as Nick Taylor played his guitar with historical restraint.

Famed painter Jean Michel-Basquiat was one of the co-founders of the band Gray. This anthology features their previously limited self-release plus unreleased material, and remixes from Todd Rundgren, Hank Shocklee, King Britt, Sal P (Liquid Liquid), Deantoni Parks, Tewz, Free The Robots, and The Gaslamp Killer, along with features from Amir Yaghmai and Kool Keith."""

Well... I want this now

Back