Black Friday RSD 2019

I don't usually go crazy for first releases, but someone on here said that Lewis didn't seen too optimistic about repressing Edan at the moment, so I got a little FOMO about that one.

All the horror stories about Port Of Sound are why I made that second order, but then I emailed them and they said this:

Since they confirmed, I tried to cancel my Zia order, but they didn't check 'til today. Should have cancelled POS since I had a line of communication with them I guess.

Yea, that was me. And that was based on email correspondence with Lewis.

Same with Nas Stillmatic which was billed as a First Release. I emailed GoD to see if it'd be available later and they said whether or not they actually did a larger run would depend on how the RSD sold and that any future pressing would be on black vinyl.

So who knows how these RSD Firsts actually work.

I just gave a little peek at eBay... People are flipping the shit out of that record! Super sucks for those fans who might have missed out on grabbing one.

I don't feel too bad about missing out on it. The audio has been readily available for some time. Would be nice from a completionist perspective, but nothing I need, and certainly not something that I want to spend a few dollars more than retail on.

RSD Claypool for $54 shipped. Cheapest I've seen. It'll probably go down, but this price isn't terrible. I paid $40+ at my local.

@Psymon

FYI - I am guessing this goes down at least $5-10 over the next week, but this isn't a horrible price if you must have it. 3 LP, awesome packaging, sounds wonderful.

Last edited:
I don't feel too bad about missing out on it. The audio has been readily available for some time. Would be nice from a completionist perspective, but nothing I need, and certainly not something that I want to spend a few dollars more than retail on.
I hear you. I picked it up at my local on Friday morning and paid more than I would have liked, but I'm glad to have it. That being said, I can't imagine I would have paid much more and I love the band.

It's only 7 songs, too. How about this version?

RSD Claypool for $54 shipped. Cheapest I've seen. It'll probably go down, but this price isn't terrible. I paid $40+ at my local.

@Psymon

FYI - I am guessing this goes down at least $5-10 over the next week, but this isn't a horrible price if you must have it. 3 LP, awesome packaging, sounds wonderful.

For those that know Zion's Gate in Seattle, you probably won't be surprised to hear that they were trying to get $50 for it on black Friday

People are definitely not afraid to pay the premium on the PJ release. Maybe they’re not aware of the production numbers.
PJ is one of those bands with such a rabid fanbase, there are probably many of these being purchased by PJ fans (as opposed to record collectors) that don't know or care about the production numbers they have FOMO and $$$ which is always a great combo for flippers.

People are definitely not afraid to pay the premium on the PJ release. Maybe they’re not aware of the production numbers.
I get the feeling the price may fall later on, as currently it still hasn't sold on discogs at the prices it's being sold, and it's 13000 copies. So a lot of copies may be sitting around...

Back