Black Friday RSD 2019

Wow, thats a pretty great deal. They may have just marked it wrong earlier. I wonder if these are leftovers from RSD or the Black Pressing

Y - I dunno. I thought it might be the black because of the price. I was cool with the black anyway (still a great price for the black imo) and if it's the color when I get it win-win too.

I was curious about that Pearl Jam release so I checked out the Discogs page. The comments are pretty funny. There's one user on a personal crusade to single-handedly craft the narrative that the pressing is awful and a bunch of semi-puzzled people being like "What? It's fine."

I was curious about that Pearl Jam release so I checked out the Discogs page. The comments are pretty funny. There's one user on a personal crusade to single-handedly craft the narrative that the pressing is awful and a bunch of semi-puzzled people being like "What? It's fine."

I am reading those comments laughing so hard.

I'm a little suspicious of the pressing numbers on both, since Port Of Sound still has 141 and 88 of each respectively and they claimed those numbers were accurate. Haven't moved much since Saturday either.

Both are listed as "first releases" so I'm not totally surprised they didn't sell like crazy, even though both are great releases. Also, Port Of Sound is full of shit, oversells merchandise, and ships garbage

Both are listed as "first releases" so I'm not totally surprised they didn't sell like crazy, even though both are great releases. Also, Port Of Sound is full of shit, oversells merchandise, and ships garbage
I don't usually go crazy for first releases, but someone on here said that Lewis didn't seen too optimistic about repressing Edan at the moment, so I got a little FOMO about that one.

All the horror stories about Port Of Sound are why I made that second order, but then I emailed them and they said this:

Since they confirmed, I tried to cancel my Zia order, but they didn't check 'til today. Should have cancelled POS since I had a line of communication with them I guess.

I don't usually go crazy for first releases, but someone on here said that Lewis didn't seen too optimistic about repressing Edan at the moment, so I got a little FOMO about that one.

Definitely. And "first release" is too vague for something I've been wanting. Both of these albums are black vinyl. Who knows when/if there's actually going to be a Beauty & The Beat repress, but I still think that it might have sold better if people saw it as an exclusive or regional release. Then again, there's no accounting for taste, or lack thereof. I feel good about grabbing them

Did anyone grab that JB’s album? Is it good? Worth buying?
They were playing it at my shop while I was shopping during RSD BF and it sounded super funky and fun. I thought about grabbing it but it was $26 and it feels like something I could probably grab off Discogs for less than $20 in like 4 months or so. I think it was only like 3 songs too but it is supposed to come with a nice booklet too.

If anyone grabbed the Cheap Trick live album I would be really curious about the sound quality.

There are a lot of things a like about buying music these days. Ability to round up special releases you would have never known existed from all over the world, etc. But with all the good we have lost some things also like being able to get reviews from semi-independent sources who have actually listened to the new release b4 you have to make a buying decision. It seems like all we get now are prerelease press releases reposted all over the web. But that is an issue for another thread so...

FWIW, I caved awhile after I posted above and decided to give it a try. No idea how it sounds but I know for a fact “ This mythic concert is now available for the first time ever, featuring new mixes from the original multi-track masters!”

There are a lot of things a like about buying music these days. Ability to round up special releases you would have never known existed from all over the world, etc. But with all the good we have lost some things also like being able to get reviews from semi-independent sources who have actually listened to the new release b4 you have to make a buying decision. It seems like all we get now are prerelease press releases reposted all over the web. But that is an issue for another thread so...

FWIW, I caved awhile after I posted above and decided to give it a try. No idea how it sounds but I know for a fact “ This mythic concert is now available for the first time ever, featuring new mixes from the original multi-track masters!”
Agreed, but actually that's why I'm asking. I'm hearing that it was sourced from an FM Broadcast, of course this is the interwebs and we should take things with a grain of salt, but there is usually a bit of truth in those comments. Honestly, I trust the opinions around here more than most online sources, so I figured I would ask without tainting the response.

Agreed, but actually that's why I'm asking. I'm hearing that it was sourced from an FM Broadcast, of course this is the interwebs and we should take things with a grain of salt, but there is usually a bit of truth in those comments. Honestly, I trust the opinions around here more than most online sources, so I figured I would ask without tainting the response.

Yes. You can often get a good idea from regular forum members. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one (Cheap Trick) and the Alice Cooper live. I like live recordings a lot. OTOH live rock shows are hit-and-miss on sound issues. But, a good one is priceless.

Back