Best recent AAA releases/reissues...

Does anyone know the WB cut of Joni Mitchell's Blue he is referencing here?

It's this one! Remastered and cut by Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman.

There's a new blue vinyl reissue using the same cut.

Does anyone know the WB cut of Joni Mitchell's Blue he is referencing here?
I think it is just the Rhino, probably the 2007 that was cut by Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman. However, there is apparently a 2019 version that is translucent blue and only has Kevin Gray's initials in the deadwax. Not sure what the story is with that one.

It's this one! Remastered and cut by Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman.

There's a new blue vinyl reissue using the same cut.

It doesn't appear to be the same cut unless the discogs is wrong. Edit: looks like it is cut at his new mastering lab which supposedly has upgraded componenets. KPG@CA instead of KPG&SH@ATM. Not sure as to the source though.

It doesn't appear to be the same cut unless the discogs is wrong. Edit: looks like it is cut at his new mastering lab which supposedly has upgraded componenets. KPG@CA instead of KPG&SH@ATM. Not sure as to the source though.

Ah shit, you're right! Seems like the 2007 pressing is the way to go but I also really want blue vinyl....

I think it was mentioned early on in this thread, but the Analogue Productions 45rpm of Tea for the Tillerman is absolutely stunning.

It's borderline/competing for my best sounding album with my MoFi UDOS and Classic Record Clarity sets. It's gorgeous!

There hasn't been mention of the EMI100 reissue program from 1997 to celebrate EMI's 100 birthday. There was a mix of CD & LP, many of the vinyl reissues are considered to be the best versions and are mostly AAA:

Some highlights include Bowie's Hunky Dory which is superb and rated the best version by many collectors, this is reflected in the asking price these days:

How about some Audiophile Iron Maiden!

John Lennon:

Crowded House

Kate Bush

And Blondie

Thanks for recommending this series. I got Iggy's Lust For Life and Bowie's Ziggy... for cheap and they both sound great.
I'm also expecting Roxy Music's S/T.

https://blog.discogs.com/en/aaa-analog-mastering-process/

In this article, VMP says that all Classics from May on will be AAA but that many previous titles were also AAA. Has anyone obtained a list of those titles?

You can't go by "mastered from the Analog tapes" because often times they are mastering from analog into digital then cutting like on Big Bill Broonzy. See below:

Hi, we are currently trying to limit the number of VMP related threads in the clubs forum to 5 thanks to a poll we had a while back. Do you mind if I merge this into one of the other VMP threads? I think the more general vmp exclusives, store, misc would be best considering your question but Essentials might work too. Edit: looks like I should have said Classics.

Last edited:
Which one?
We could make the name a bit different. VMP releases would also be recent.

We could make the name a bit different. VMP releases would also be recent.

I like it. Can you do the merge? Busy getting dinner on the table. Later I can use the copy tool and put a copy of the first post in the Classics thread.

Back