Best Music of 2020

Some surprising (in a good way) stuff on there, but only 5 hip hop albums and only one (RTJ) in the top 50? Yikes.
Yea I don't expect hip hop from places like Rough Trade and just view their picks of Gibbs and RTJ as safe picks to round out the lists diversity of styles. No disrespect to Rough Trade or either of those artists as they both made really good albums this year, I just dont feel like the people at Rough Trade know enough about hip hop to pick anything deeper than obvious picks.

My "you need to listen to this" share of the day

I remember finding her music on a website I normally use to download music back in 2017. I was browsing and it caught my eye. After one song I was hooked.

Her new album is very lovely. So many little melodies that I'm expecting to become earworms. I highly recommend giving this a listen.

RIYL: Molly Burch, Weyes Blood, Courtney Marie Andrews, Tennis, Tops, Yumi Zouma.

Not surprising I guess, but funny to me that Alfredo is so ubiquitous but no remotely underground hip-hop has been included on a single list I've seen.

I get the stinking feeling that FTBC will top every music publications year end lists
tumblr_mnd6efikKO1roh79ro1_400.gif

Back