Best Music 🎵 of 2023!

I'm going to try to keep up with what I'm enjoying this year, and keep a list of everything I've liked:

1. Parannoul-After The Magic
2. Paramore-This Is Why
3. Raye-My 21st Century Blues
4. Young Fathers-Heavy Heavy
5. Lil Yachty-Lets Start Here
6. Belle And Sebastian-Late Developers

Still want to listen to:
-Yo La Tengo
-Rozi Plain
-Oddisee
-Margo Price
-King Tuff
-Mac DeMarco
-The Men
-The Arcs
-Macy Gray

Last edited:
Seriously, I have been playing this on Spotify almost every day. I can’t stop listening to it. I finally went ahead and ordered a physical copy because I have been playing it so much.

I just finished my third listen today! One bonus to having a nearly 4 hour round trip on the docket for today. It's literally been every second album I've listened to today.

My top so far:

1. The Tubs
2. Caroline Polachek
3. Murder Capital
4. Lil Yachty
5. Parannoul
6. Liv.e
7. Raye (would be higher if I could play this in the house, but the adult content prevents it. Sounds good in my car, though)
8. Belle and Sebastian
That Tubs record is solid. Sounds a bit like Richard Thompson.

New Andy Shauf is mid (as the kids say). I've given it 3 full listens and it's just not as good as his previous albums. It's too sleepy. The only decent song is "Halloween Store". He's sooooo good at mid-tempo tunes. See also "Try Again", "Quite Like You", "Living Room", "Neon Skyline" etc. Maybe it'll be a grower, but maybe it's just missing some energy.

New Andy Shauf is mid (as the kids say). I've given it 3 full listens and it's just not as good as his previous albums. It's too sleepy. The only decent song is "Halloween Store". He's sooooo good at mid-tempo tunes. See also "Try Again", "Quite Like You", "Living Room", "Neon Skyline" etc. Maybe it'll be a grower, but maybe it's just missing some energy.
I did the one listen and felt the exact same way. Thinking I'll give another chance on a nice spring day.

I did the one listen and felt the exact same way. Thinking I'll give another chance on a nice spring day.

I'm two and a half listens with it and it's definitely been better each time but still hasn't grabbed me as hard I'd hoped. Planning to spend more time with it still, though.

Week 7 Update!

One album dropped off the list, but three
RBFs were added to the list. The other four albums remained on the list for another week.

Polish_20230219_202632269.jpg
Listed in alphabetical order by the artist:

Klone - Meanwhile (2.10.23)
Nicole Dollanganger - Married In Mount Airy (1.6.23)
Paramore - This Is Why (2.10.23)
RAYE - My 21st Century Blues (2.3.23)
The Abbey - Word Of Sin (2.17.23)
The Jordan - Nowhere Near The Sky (2.10.23)

Young Fathers - Heavy Heavy (2.3.23)

Albums in Green are newly added

Last edited:
Back