Best Music 🎵 of 2023!

I assume Lankum isn’t on the quietus’ list because it is too mainstream?

RS and Pitchfork giving a 2022 album AOTY in 2023 really proves that they should probably wait until the end of the year to release these lists yet they still gonna release em as early as possible

Also that SZA album isn’t that good where it should be topping lists like this the next year. Beyoncé in 2014 and D’Angelo in 2015 I understood but SOS isn’t THAT good

RS and Pitchfork giving a 2022 album AOTY in 2023 really proves that they should probably wait until the end of the year to release these lists yet they still gonna release em as early as possible

Also that SZA album isn’t that good where it should be topping lists like this the next year. Beyoncé in 2014 and D’Angelo in 2015 I understood but SOS isn’t THAT good
100%! But these publications need clicks and everyone goes to sleep around Xmas/New Year's so it happens sooner and sooner every year. There really are very few new releases in December for the same reason, so tbf, it's unexpected that another really good album comes out. But hey, someone like Beyonce, D'Angleo, SZA, Beach House can release music around this time of year and really steal the spotlight for these couple of months so that's probably why they do it.

I draw a hardline that if you missed this album in your 2022 list you don't get to rank it again. It's just silly. An honorable mention at best, maybe somewhere else in the list lower ranked I'd allow, but not the #1 record... come on.

Back