Baseball

Cards get their 90th win of the season.

A month ago it didn't seem like it was possible. It only took a 17 game win streak.

They have won the last 19 of 20.

2 more against the Cubs to finish off the regular season...

Then bring on the Dodgers.

Last edited:
The San Francisco Giants have won 106 games and still haven’t clinched the NL West outright though their magic number is down to 1.

What a crazy season!!!
Really makes the wildcard almost unfair for the Dodgers since they have the second best record in the whole league. They should be able to beat the Cardinals in the WC playoff game but in a different system they’d be seeded second and go right into the NLDS. I guess they’d have the advantage against Milwaukee or whoever they end up playing.

Really makes the wildcard almost unfair for the Dodgers since they have the second best record in the whole league. They should be able to beat the Cardinals in the WC playoff game but in a different system they’d be seeded second and go right into the NLDS. I guess they’d have the advantage against Milwaukee or whoever they end up playing.
Well the problem is if they beat the Cardinals then they play the Giants in the NLDS - really unfair that the two best team don’t meet until the NLCS. I think baseball will look into reseeding playoff teams based on records and not “seed”

Well the problem is if they beat the Cardinals then they play the Giants in the NLDS - really unfair that the two best team don’t meet until the NLCS. I think baseball will look into reseeding playoff teams based on records and not “seed”
I agree especially since some divisions *cough* NL East *cough* AL Central *cough* are continually weaker than other divisions & teams who end up not making the playoffs. Different leagues, but the Blue Jays, Mariners, and A's will all finish the season with better records than the Braves who make the playoffs while the former don't.

Oh boy today's going to be wild.
Agreed, the playoffs start early. At least 6 teams really need a win today.

With apologies to any Yankees fans that may be out there, I'm always torn between which scenario is preferable: seeing them miss the playoffs entirely, or seeing them eliminated from the playoffs in heartbreaking fashion.

In any case, given that I would really love to see Toronto and/or Seattle make the playoffs, I think I'm pulling for the Rays today. Hard to see Boston losing to the Nationals, but it's baseball so anything is possible...

This is a blessing and a curse. I honestly don’t care that much whether or not the Yankees do well in the post season. It doesn’t keep me up at night, I don’t think about it constantly but I care a little bit where I’m loosely following their progress throughout. I don’t think they’ll go far, maybe ALCS at the furthest. Which makes it even worse that it’ll all be for naught. Too many weaknesses in the team right now for a championship run. So, I’d have been just as happy for them to miss out completely.

As a Yankee fan 🙈, I’m glad they’re in. But today’s results were the least interesting outcome.

Sucks for the Blue Jays who were the best team of the 4 wild card contenders. The NY series this week ended up being the difference.

Yankees & Red Sox are both deeply flawed teams. Don’t think either of them gets past Tampa. That’s me being objective. As a fan, I think the Yanks will win it all 😂

Fuck the Yankees and fuck the Red Sox.
That’s disappointing I was hoping the Sox would lose. Ah well.
Yeah, I was really hoping for maximum tie-breaker chaos. And for any team's pitcher to have to sweat it out against the Jays' batting order.

Honestly, for the Jays to get to 91 wins after having to play more than half of their "home games" in Dunedin and Buffalo is pretty incredible.

Getting ready for the Cards v Dodgers.

This one could go either way.

At this point I'll take what ever I get with this Cardinals team, as any post season game is more than I expected a month ago.

Back