Bandcamp Fridays

Picked up a couple of albums inspired by Wax Buyers Club (RIP) on Bandcamp today:

New Clouds in a Headlock album:

Also, I've become quite a fan of Vinyl Williams and his psychedelic dream pop soundscapes:

And speaking of Wax Buyers Club/Vinyl Williams, the record label got a handful of copies of The Emerald Isle WBC edition up right now. Great album:

I also grabbed Baston's newest album which was at a bit of a discounted price due to the color variant not being as advertised:

Last edited:
Picked up a couple of albums inspired by Wax Buyers Club (RIP) on Bandcamp today:

Also, I've become quite a fan of Vinyl Williams and his psychedelic dream pop soundscapes:

And speaking of Wax Buyers Club/Vinyl Williams, the record label got a handful of copies of The Emerald Isle WBC edition up right now. Great album:

I also grabbed Baston's newest album which was at a bit of a discounted price due to the color variant not being as advertised:

I'm loving that emerald isles but not the price on it yikes

I've just kind of come to accept that $35 is a fairly typical price to pay for a record in 2023. :\
you're not wrong that it's fairly typical but honestly a record being in the 20-25 vs 30-40 is the difference between me taking a chance on an artist i've never heard of unless I'm so immediately smitten with the whole record that I Must Have This Object In My Life Forever Right Now.

I love Vinyl Williams, and I second getting both those records. But yeah, I wish he had US distribution for more reasonable shipping. I always wait to get two or three from Requiem when i order to cut costs a bit. Not sure why he doesn't have US distro as an LA based artist, but I don't really know the ins and outs of that stuff.

The thing is, I love covers like that -- intricate, full of tiny details, all over the place, lots to get lost in -- and the music is nice enough. I suspect that if I listened to the albums a bit more I'd really like it, but off the bat, it doesn't make me reach for my wallet. Whereas the Christoph Heeman that I posted earlier, within 3 minutes of that first track, I'd already bought it.

Not a bandcamp friday but his :

June 19 (from midnight (PT) June 19 to midnight (PT) June 20), Bandcamp holds his annual Juneteenth fundraiser, where they donate 100% of their share of sales to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund to support their ongoing efforts to promote racial justice through litigation, advocacy, and public education.

Local racial equity organizations they support:

East Oakland Collective, a community organizing group serving East Oakland by working towards racial and economic equity, who have done especially crucial work this past year to support people hit hardest by the pandemic.

East Oakland Youth Development Center, an organization working to develop the social and leadership capacities of East Oakland youth so that they achieve excellence in education, career, and service to their communities.

The Hidden Genius Project, a mentorship and training program that provides technical and community leadership training for Black male high school students and prepares them for leadership careers in technology.

Oakland Black Business Fund, a new Black-led fund that provides capital, technical assistance, and growth strategy to Black-owned businesses, both locally in Oakland and across the U.S.

Oakland Kids First, a community coalition that develops and trains high school leaders to advance racial and educational equity in their schools and community.

good day to pick up the recent 10th-anniversary reissue of candy claws' ceres and calypso in the deep time on bandcamp!

as the sea of derivative shoegaze/dream-pop revival acts grows ever larger, candy claws still stands out for the elements of mid-century exotica and pop and the extended narratives they build into their compositions. if the hyper-saturated production isn't a turnoff for you, the songwriting on this record is really unique and beguiling.

picked this up

Ryan's other band State Champion has been one of the, dare I say, defining bands of the last 15 years of my life. few bands have resonated with me the way that act did and they deserved every bit of the glowing 8.0 pitchfork review they got for their last album and the praise they got from one of Ryan's heroes, David Berman. there's a good write up of this project on the bandcamp site and Ryan's Sophomore Lounge label has been pumping out quality outside the mainstream rock albums for the past decade plus. lots to love here and i think this is right up a lot of folks' alleys.

THE SUMMER SALE IS HERE !

** bandcamp Friday - 15% OFF the entire catalog ! **

Use promo code "cobalt" at checkout to receive 15% off your order today and through this weekend : tompkinssquare.bandcamp.com/merch

i ordered some stuff from them earlier this week and already got it! forgot it was bandcamp friday or i would have ordered today instead...

picked this up

Ryan's other band State Champion has been one of the, dare I say, defining bands of the last 15 years of my life. few bands have resonated with me the way that act did and they deserved every bit of the glowing 8.0 pitchfork review they got for their last album and the praise they got from one of Ryan's heroes, David Berman. there's a good write up of this project on the bandcamp site and Ryan's Sophomore Lounge label has been pumping out quality outside the mainstream rock albums for the past decade plus. lots to love here and i think this is right up a lot of folks' alleys.

Listening to that one available track, I certainly can see why David Berman would praise it! A very definite Silver Jews vibe. Sounds great.

good day to pick up the recent 10th-anniversary reissue of candy claws' ceres and calypso in the deep time on bandcamp!

as the sea of derivative shoegaze/dream-pop revival acts grows ever larger, candy claws still stands out for the elements of mid-century exotica and pop and the extended narratives they build into their compositions. if the hyper-saturated production isn't a turnoff for you, the songwriting on this record is really unique and beguiling.

I got a shipping notice a couple days ago. Excited for it to land.

Dear friends,

After a decade of instrumental explorations, live performances and three full-length albums, The Night Watch has reached its journey’s end. We’d like to offer our sincere gratitude to everyone who has listened to and supported us over the years, especially our hometown friends and fans who have been with us since this ship first set sail in 2008. Our goal with this project has always been to offer listeners a unique and engaging experience that pays homage to our varied influences while forging new musical ground. We are immensely proud of our recorded offerings and hope they continue to evoke a sense of adventure within those who take the time to listen. In the spirit of Bandcamp Fridays, all remaining CDs and LPs are available at a reduced cost and will remain so moving forward.

Sincere love and respect,

The Night Watch

Back