Bandcamp Fridays

Black Belt Eagle Scout is using bandcamp friday to help raise funds for their upcoming European tour (details were in an instagram post). Specifically they placed a couple of tee shirts on their bandcamp directed at raising funds. I'm a big fan of this band so had to get one of the sick BBES snake tees.

Last edited:
For Bandcamp Friday, the remaining copies of the Sleep New York 2018 vinyl bootleg that were intercepted by the band and sold on the 2022 North American Tour are now available for purchase. Two versions with different covers are available: Red and Blue. 420 copies of the Blue cover were pressed and are numbered. We were told less than 200 of the Red were pressed. These remain unnumbered.
New York 2018, by Sleep

1670014999418.png

A friend posted the weedian oregon comp and i can't say no to Yob and Blackwater Holylight and all that other good shit for a dollar. Then I listened to England and Spain and was like yeah, might as well.

Dead Voices on Air is Mark Spybey, sometimes of Download and other electronic stuff, and I saw them live on tour with the Legendary Pink Dots an age and a half ago. Piss Frond is my favorite, and apparently you can't buy or stream it anywhere online, so I went with the next best.

On most first Fridays of the month since March of 2020, we’ve waived our revenue share to provide additional support to the artists and labels who form the backbone of Bandcamp’s community and without whom we would not exist. Over the course of those 26 Fridays, fans have spent more than $91 million dollars, and participation has remained consistently high, with each Bandcamp Friday generating millions of dollars of extra income for artists and labels.

So, we’re going to keep a good thing going in 2023, and will hold the next Bandcamp Friday on February 3rd. We’ll share dates for the rest of the year soon.

Thank you, and happy holidays!

(*bolding my own)

-----
You can now subscribe to Peter Gabriel on Bandcamp! Get all the music they make delivered instantly to your mobile device, plus subscriber-only exclusives. Read all about it here: Subscribe to Peter Gabriel

Hi there,

If there’s anyone out there who actually wants to do a deep dive into the music from i/o and how it was created we’re resurrecting the Full Moon Club here as a membership club with a subscription for the price of a cup of coffee every month.

We’ll put some other versions of every song in here, whether it’s another mix, maybe a demo, or perhaps more than one demo just showing how the thing got created or what some of the ideas that influenced the lyrics might be.
This will be for the hardcore, we’ll be doing these full moon releases so just look up at the sky and check out when the moon’s getting bigger and you'll know there's something new coming your way.

Along with the full moon club we’re going to try and learn, so we’d appreciate some feedback as to what might be of interest for you… we may put in extra tracks or some other live stuff, I don’t know... tell us what you’re interested in and we’ll see if we can rustle it together.

A few of you may well have bought Panopticom, so there are few extras already available here that will hopefully make up for that including an extended Full Moon Club video where we start to deep dive into the making of Panopticom.

I hope a few of you stick with me for the ride.

Peter.
-----

3£ per month. Not bad.

available so far, all hi-res:

tracks:
Panopticom (Bright-Side Mix)
Shock The Monkey: Earth Day version - for EarthPercent

shows:
Back to Front - London, UK 03.12.14 (Encore)
Back to Front - Munich, Germany 30.04.14 (Encore)
Back to Front - Paris, France 15.10.2013 (Encore)

I have a ton of stuff on bandcamp but I never use their app. Maybe I'll give it a chance again

I always download mp3s and add them to iTunes. Can’t say I’ve ever really used the app for much streaming. The main bonus to buying records off bandcamp is the fact you’ll always get digital downloads.

Bandcamp needs to allow you to delete albums from your collection.
You can hide albums, think it works pretty much the same as deleting.

Edit: that might only work on the website. Not sure if the hide reflects on the app.

They now support playlists and downloading for offline use within the app!!

This is sweet. Hopefully they add the playlist feature to the web profiles too. I'd prefer to build playlists on there and prefer listening that way while working.

You can hide albums, think it works pretty much the same as deleting.

This is sweet. Hopefully they add the playlist feature to the web profiles too. I'd prefer to build playlists on there and prefer listening that way while working.
I do but doesn't work in the app. all my hidden stuff shows up.
I wouldn't mind if they put in a search your collection function. But not having both is rough to use

I do but doesn't work in the app. all my hidden stuff shows up.
I wouldn't mind if they put in a search your collection function. But not having both is rough to use
Can't you listen to whatever from the app, so just search for what you want and go from there?

Back