Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

@mapsandlegends --a few questions for ya on the subscription:

*How does it work month-to-month? Do you add new artists each month?

*What's the cut off date to cancel if I want to cancel the sub for any future months? And would I just email if I wanted to cancel?

Thanks! Looking forward to trying this out though. Seems great and glad to see a bunch of people on here digging it as well.

Yep! We add two new artists each month. You can pick one of those or choose from any of our past artists, and if you'd like, choose your album from our available inventory. If you don't choose your artist in a given month, you'll be sent one of the two new releases by default.

Your account renews on the same day of the month that you signed up. You can pause or cancel your subscription inside your Bandbox account that you created at checkout.

Thanks for trying us out! I hope you enjoy the New Order/Joy Division box. It still might be my favorite that we've done!

Thanks so much for subscribing! Yeah, that $20 off code got out into the wild and became a little too popular, so we had to shut it off. :) I hope you enjoy your first box!
Yea I saw someone post it on reddit a few days ago or so. Glad to see more people finding out about the club though! Hope it’s going well.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that we've switched up the format to Bandbox a little. First, the price has been lowered to $29 per month for an album of your choice and a zine about the artist (expanded from 12 to 16 pages), with free shipping and exchanges. You can add extra albums to your box for just $17 each. Also, we're now offering two new boxes each month! March's artists are Bruce Springsteen and Rage Against the Machine. This promo code hasn't been made widely available, but I love reading this board, so you can get your first box for $9 with the code ROCKS20. Happy spinning!
How does one add extra albums to their box? I think this is a cool sub service, but your website seems a little scant on details/isn't the most user friendly. HOWEVER, I've gotten timely email responses to my questions for the most part

How does one add extra albums to their box? I think this is a cool sub service, but your website seems a little scant on details/isn't the most user friendly. HOWEVER, I've gotten timely email responses to my questions for the most part

Thanks for the feedback! The website is something we're working on. :) To add a second (or third, or fourth) album, you can simply select additional albums on the selection survey you're sent. We'll take care of it from there!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to drop by and report that, in case you hadn't heard, we announced our very first Bandbox exclusive for July: Charly Bliss's awesome 2017 debut Guppy on pink vinyl, the first time it's ever been pressed on colored vinyl. It's limited to 300 copies and will come with a zine featuring interviews with all four band members!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to drop by and report that, in case you hadn't heard, we announced our very first Bandbox exclusive for July: Charly Bliss's awesome 2017 debut Guppy on pink vinyl, the first time it's ever been pressed on colored vinyl. It's limited to 300 copies and will come with a zine featuring interviews with all four band members!

Oh man, would love this but can't see any international option. Would you or any subscribers be able to lend a hand?

The catalog is always growing! We add two new artists every month (for August, it’s Metallica and Kendrick Lamar). There are also several albums from past artists being added every month. We moved away from highlighting an album every month in favor of letting subscribers choose their own, which judging by the numbers has been a big success.

And yes, last month we released our debut exclusive, a pink variant of Charly Bliss’s excellent Guppy. There will more exclusives announced soon!

The catalog is always growing! We add two new artists every month (for August, it’s Metallica and Kendrick Lamar). There are also several albums from past artists being added every month. We moved away from highlighting an album every month in favor of letting subscribers choose their own, which judging by the numbers has been a big success.

And yes, last month we released our debut exclusive, a pink variant of Charly Bliss’s excellent Guppy. There will more exclusives announced soon!
Okay, yeah, I thought Kendrick seemed new and I felt like I had seen Metallica before but maybe not the first time, and the catalog as a whole just felt bigger. It might be helpful to at least show new releases/additions in some way. I definitely would miss new additions to pre existing artists under the current setup. I had paused my membership because I wasn’t sure how it was supposed to go down at the start of the month but now that I have a better feel I may have a go. Thanks for the update.

Back