Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

I was a bit excited about the Port since theoretically I could connect my turntable to it and play it in multiple rooms in my apartment. I've been trying to find a solution to do multiroom turntable (I know it degrades the sound quality...but sometimes when I'm doing chores and things around the apartment I like having music playing in all of the rooms...) But since I don't have Sonos speakers, not sure the Port would even work as I would want. It has seemed to be a trickier situation than I hoped so I just gave up after awhile.

Yeah Sonos is an ecosystem, it allows different inputs (such as being a Roon endpoint) but will only ever allow their own speakers, or own boxes like the port or amp, to be the output.

Yeah Sonos is an ecosystem, it allows different inputs (such as being a Roon endpoint) but will only ever allow their own speakers, or own boxes like the port or amp, to be the output.
Yea...I priced out Sonos speakers but I already have so many speakers that are nicer than Sonos and it seemed silly to invest that much money when I already had good other gear. I do have Airplay devices in every room but haven't figured out the best way to get my TT to broadcast to it. I was hoping that the Sonos Port (or amp) would let me airplay somehow but not sure it can.

Yea...I priced out Sonos speakers but I already have so many speakers that are nicer than Sonos and it seemed silly to invest that much money when I already had good other gear. I do have Airplay devices in every room but haven't figured out the best way to get my TT to broadcast to it. I was hoping that the Sonos Port (or amp) would let me airplay somehow but not sure it can.

The potential way would be two ports/connects. The turntable connected to one and one connected to an existing stereo/set of active speakers. Gets expensive if you need more than one extra room unless you can get a job lot of leftover old connects on heavy discount lol

Can it be used as a Roon endpoint too? I think that’d make it a whole load more attractive for that kind of job. Beyond Sonos I hate most manufacturers own apps!
So the answer is yes and no. The CXN is not certified "Roon Ready" but it is "Roon Tested." This means it's not a Roon endpoint in Roon's program, but you can use other devices (like your phone) as the end point, and cast high res via Chromecast or Airplay. I believe this is their workaround for several things - MQA, Prime Music, etc. Basically if you have something they don't natively support, you can still access it via Chromecast/Airplay. It also has the hardline USB and ethernet.
Tradeoffs for the price point, so it not the perfect unit for everyone.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with my Aries mixed with Roon although my Roon trial just ended and I'm trying to figure out if I want to reup or not. Roon + Tidal or Qobuz subscription gets to be pretty pricey.
Yeah, the Aries stuff is pretty solid. I wouldn't advise most people replace an Aries or even a Bluesound with the CXN unless there was a specific use case. But if you're just getting into streaming, it's an excellent product and I might recommend it over other units in it's price point due to some of the additional functionality.

So the answer is yes and no. The CXN is not certified "Roon Ready" but it is "Roon Tested." This means it's not a Roon endpoint in Roon's program, but you can use other devices (like your phone) as the end point, and cast high res via Chromecast or Airplay. I believe this is their workaround for several things - MQA, Prime Music, etc. Basically if you have something they don't natively support, you can still access it via Chromecast/Airplay. It also has the hardline USB and ethernet.
Tradeoffs for the price point, so it not the perfect unit for everyone.

Yeah, the Aries stuff is pretty solid. I wouldn't advise most people replace an Aries or even a Bluesound with the CXN unless there was a specific use case. But if you're just getting into streaming, it's an excellent product and I might recommend it over other units in it's price point due to some of the additional functionality.

Yeah I use a little NUC as a Roon core with a big hard drive in it for the file music. It uses airplay to the Sonos unit and Something else I have. It does limit it to cd quality (Sonos’ limit I know but the other thing is capable of hi res) though because that’s all airplay supports.

Yeah I use a little NUC as a Roon core with a big hard drive in it for the file music. It uses airplay to the Sonos unit and Something else I have. It does limit it to cd quality (Sonos’ limit I know but the other thing is capable of hi res) though because that’s all airplay supports.
If you wanted to move up to something like the CXN, I think you'd see some benefit with the higher streaming rates. But honestly, I think if people have a lot of higher res music files they want to stream, saving up for an Auralic or Lumin. There are other options, but those two really seem to be best in class. But those start in a whole new price point too.

If you wanted to move up to something like the CXN, I think you'd see some benefit with the higher streaming rates. But honestly, I think if people have a lot of higher res music files they want to stream, saving up for an Auralic or Lumin. There are other options, but those two really seem to be best in class. But those start in a whole new price point too.

Yeah I’m using a Headless Mac mini into my ps audio dac/pre thing via usb.

Anyone looking for a Pro-Ject Classic? Crutchfield has them marked as "discontinued" and there are two in the outlet for $799. Must.stay.strong.

Be patient. One day the super pack sb one with the built in speed box will be discounted too! Then patience may be more difficult haha!

Last edited:
Be patient. One day the super pack sb one with the built in speed box will be discounted too! Then patience may be more difficult haha!
Now there’s the Evo so I might be waiting even longer. I forgot that the regular Classic was a manual speed. That’s a non-starter for me with my new table.

Now there’s the Evo so I might be waiting even longer. I forgot that the regular Classic was a manual speed. That’s a non-starter for me with my new table.

I hadn’t heard of the evo before now! That certainly does sound like a list of upgrades that it’s worth waiting for!

Yeah manual speed change is an automatic disqualification for me too.

If i was your side of the ocean the oc9xsl at that price would be very tempting...

@Kris, that day has come! Audio Advisor has the rosenut version of the Classic SB, which I think looks terrific, on clearance for $1149.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the VM95ML, based on all the good things I've read abouit it here and elsewhere.

Yeah it sounds like a great MM but it’s probably not a step up from the grado so I’ll stick with what I have got. The idea of experimenting with an MC is tempting though I can’t lie!

If i was your side of the ocean the oc9xsl at that price would be very tempting...
The email from elusive disc indicates this is AT's annual charity sale, whereby AT "will donate a portion of the charity sale proceeds to several deserving charitable organizations." So, there might be retailers on your side that are participating in this.

The email from elusive disc indicates this is AT's annual charity sale, whereby AT "will donate a portion of the charity sale proceeds to several deserving charitable organizations." So, there might be retailers on your side that are participating in this.

I both want to know and feel I shouldn’t be allowed to!

@Kris, that day has come! Audio Advisor has the rosenut version of the Classic SB, which I think looks terrific, on clearance for $1149.

Argh. I really want eucalyptus! Decisions...

Back