Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

For the love this SAE cart was driving me crazy and I know it was the tracking force, but what the hell why did that take so long.

Anywho, is the expectation that this will need to have the volume knob a little higher than the Ortofon Blue? I'm assuming so, just want to make sure I didn't mess something up. Sounds great, but gear stuff is not my thing. :)

For the love this SAE cart was driving me crazy and I know it was the tracking force, but what the hell why did that take so long.

Anywho, is the expectation that this will need to have the volume knob a little higher than the Ortofon Blue? I'm assuming so, just want to make sure I didn't mess something up. Sounds great, but gear stuff is not my thing. :)

Yes it’s a much lower output than the Ortofon so if your phono stage doesn’t have a gain adjustment you’ll have to turn the the volume on the amp up a bit.

I didn't know DeepDiscount stocked AT carts. That's awesome to know. 15% coupons come relatively frequently from them. Wish they stocked the Funk Firm Achromat - that's likely my next hardware purchase!
I got an open box Achromat from MD awhile back for around $80 I think… so might be worth keeping an eye out on that!

I got an open box Achromat from MD awhile back for around $80 I think… so might be worth keeping an eye out on that!

Totally unrelated but

I ended up buying the Oyaide BR12 since the Achromat just wasnt available in the EU and buying from the UK has just been brutal since Brexit. That mat just arrived.

Not sure what’s going on with the blue though?

View attachment 160206
That is weird, though I legitimately don't think the sleeve serves any purpose other than marking the model (it's red on the LT). I would imagine you can very delicately push it back into place with a needle or a cake tester, or possibly remove it if it's totally loose? Maybe get @HiFi Guy's input.

That is weird, though I legitimately don't think the sleeve serves any purpose other than marking the model (it's red on the LT). I would imagine you can very delicately push it back into place with a needle or a cake tester, or possibly remove it if it's totally loose? Maybe get @HiFi Guy's input.
Yeah it just feels like felt or fabric. Probably just to keep dust out.

Yeah it just feels like felt or fabric. Probably just to keep dust out.
Personally, I'd try using a needle to nudge it back into position. The only reason I'd mess with it at all is because it looks like it might interfere with the stylus motion.

You could remove it along with the aluminum plate. There’s lots of “nude” cartridges out there.

Back