Arrakis? More like Ar-ROCK-is! The April 2024 Record-Spinning Challenge Thread

10 - The Butlerian Jihad: This war destroyed all the thinking machines. Eschew electronics and play something acoustic today.

Beck - Sea Change

Not 100% acoustic, but I just got tickets to see Beck performing with an orchestra, so this album is on my mind (I imagine a lot of the set list is coming from this and Morning Phase).

1000148813.jpg

Last edited:
15 - Sietch Tabr: This is the home community of the Fremen Paul lives with. Play something from one of your favorite musical scenes, communities, collectives, or movements.

More Athens, with lots of Muscle Shoals thrown in the DNA too. Especially with Spooner Oldham playing on this one.

Drive~By Truckers ~ Brighter Than Creations Dark

IMG_6822.jpeg

15 - Sietch Tabr: This is the home community of the Fremen Paul lives with. Play something from one of your favorite musical scenes, communities, collectives, or movements.

The Laurel Canyon scene seemed fun. Til the murders.

Joni Mitchell - Ladies of the Canyon

IMG_7776.JPG

14 - Paul Atreides: Play something by someone has been, or has been called, the "savior" of their genre.

The Strokes - Room on Fire

Even though I like their early 2000s albums, the music press saying things like "the Strokes are saving rock n roll!" always made me roll my eyes a little.

1000148838.jpg

Back