April 2021 Challenge Thread

Day 29: #ThrowbackThursday

Throw it back to the year you were born!

I think this is one of the few times I'm glad I'm not a bit younger.

I have four total albums in my Discogs from the great year of 1987. I'd consider two of them stone-cold pop classics, one a great album by an amazing songwriter, and then this one.

Gotta play the sloppiness.

Fun fact, this was mastered by Bernie Grundman - I can't imagine this was the best use of his skills.

Bruce Willis - The Return of Bruno

PXL_20210429_154832789.MP.jpg

throw it back to the year you were born

New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies

Reminder to self- I really need to pick up Murmur on vinyl for the next time this is a challenge prompt!

20200913_131803-jpg.66072

throw it back to the year you were born
Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna
View attachment 97415

It was a cold and snowy night back in December of 1981 perhaps “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around” was playing on the car radio on her way to the hospital...

Damn you stole mine. Back to the drawing board.

Day 28: In Full Bloom
Play a record that sounds like spring

I’ve been absolutely addicted to Bruce Hornsby lately, and I know that this album will remind me of Spring later on in my life.

Bruce Hornsby & The Range - Scenes From The Southsideimage.jpg

Last edited:
Day 28 - That Spring Feeling

Numero Group - Eccentric Soul: Deep City Label

I remember listening to this the first time with the patio door and windows open on a perfect spring day several years ago...just one of those strangely specific memories. I had just gotten into the Numero stuff, and was enamored with it immediately.

20210429_182617.jpg

Day 30: New Music Friday

Play a new record or recent purchase

Elvis Presley - Elvis’ Golden Records Volume 3

AE63C8F0-50E4-4279-B98A-978AF81A482D.jpeg

Saw this while browsing with my dad a few weeks ago. It’s in pretty good condition for a record from 1963.

Well, it’s been a ball but that is all, y’all! See ya in the May thread (maybe)! May 2021 - Vinyl Spins Challenge Thread

Day 30: New Music Friday

I've had this sitting here for about a month and just never was quite in the mood for it...but I've played the other 4 records I've gotten since this one came in. I'm shocked that I've only gotten 5 new records in the last month, even my wife noticed fewer packages on the front porch.

Ben Howard ‎– Collections From The Whiteout
Island Records ‎– 0746835, 2021

Limited blue marbled vinyl w/ textured sleeve and a 7"

Cut by Barry "Bazza" Grint at Alchemy Mastering
Pressed at MPO

Hdhjcn.jpg

9TSTd9.jpg

Back