April 2021 Challenge Thread

Day 28 - In Full Bloom

20210428_220356.jpg

Mitski - Bury Me at Makeout Creek

It's funny, even though spring is my favorite season I dont associate any albums with it. This is probably the closest because of "first love/late spring " but that's not the biggest connection out there lol

I got moved to Saturday and I just finished my 4 nights of work. In my group of 13 patients last night I had 6 that were Covid positive. Covid numbers are increasing...lots of people getting sick. Lots of non-believers out there. Like on on the verge of needing intubation and still not believing they have Covid.

Please get the vaccine as soon as you are able to.

Thanks.

Day 25: Aphrodisiac

One thing I don't have a lot of are "sexy" albums.

I searched and didn't see this one played...the search doesn't work for those Instagram posts, though

Massive Attack ‎– Mezzanine
Virgin/Circa ‎– 0602537540433, 1998/2013

Cut by Sean Magee
Pressed at Optimal

Dhqfop.jpg

7g88p8.jpg

Day 29: #ThrowbackThursday

Throw it back to the year you were born!

Beck - Odelay

View attachment 97365

I think you're confused about when this came out, because this album was all over the radio when I was in high school and there's no way someone old enough to be on the forum could be born in... oh...

Day 26: A? or B?

I usually play the whole album if I'm getting it out, but I do like Side A of this one a bit more.

Not a bad Goodwill find, either. Great shape and still had the poster.

Paul McCartney & Wings ‎– Band On The Run
Apple Records ‎– SO-3415, 1973

Cut by Wally Traugott at Capitol Mastering
Pressed at Capitol, Jacksonville

tPGwme.jpg

6BWSgT.jpg

Day 27: Discogs Randomizer

I do this almost every day to find something to play for the spinnin' thread, but the first one Discogs picked is on my list for needing some time in the vinyl flat...

The Southern Death Cult ‎– The Southern Death Cult

So I'm gonna pick another...

Revolting Cocks ‎– Linger Ficken' Good ...And Other Barnyard Oddities
Run Out Groove ‎– ROGV-060, 1993/2018

Limited/Numbered to 1033, #300

Cut by Jeff Powell
Pressed at Record Industry

4pY3no.jpg

BiAbrQ.jpg

Throw it back to the year you were born!

Lafayette Afro-Rock Band ‎– Malik

Showing my age, I spent the last 10 minutes looking under "M" for Malik, then "S" for Soul Makossa (their other album that I have). I think I need to start taking Prevogen. LOL

PXL_20210429_132352596.jpg

Day 28: In Full Bloom

This one takes me back to the spring of '94. I transferred a lot of my favorite CDs to cassettes as it was easier to play while mowing. And I did a lot of mowing come spring/summer.

Also comparing this to the 2xLP with the NSFW cover.

It seems a bit quieter which is expected being on 1 LP, but not too bad. This cover is better, though. As for the Revolver "limited" variant. It is just the regular limited retail version with a numbered OBI...if I had known it was going to be the same "White & Stronger Than Blue" variant I wouldn't have paid more for the magazine that came with it.

I did see that this is a repress from the 2015 Box Set. I would think all these new reissues coming out will be the same.

Pantera ‎– Far Beyond Driven
EastWest Records America ‎– RCV1 92302, 1994/2021

OBI numbered to 1000, #508

Cut by Ian Sefchick at Capitol Mastering
Pressed at MPO

3cjUvp.jpg

l9V0q4.jpg

Last edited:

Hotel California was the #1 album when I was born, but since I hate the Eagles I don't have it.

Rumours had been released, but it took a little bit for it to become what it was that year.

Screenshot 2021-04-29 081750.JPG

The Damned ‎– Damned Damned Damned
Drastic Plastic Records ‎– DPRLP76, 1977/2016

Limited/Numbered to 1500, #1032

Cut by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio
Pressed at Quality Record Pressings

BcORFB.jpg

n3wdbr.jpg

Hotel California was the #1 album when I was born, but since I hate the Eagles I don't have it.

Rumours had been released, but it took a little bit for it to become what it was that year.

View attachment 97401

The Damned ‎– Damned Damned Damned
Drastic Plastic Records ‎– DPRLP76, 1977/2016

Limited/Numbered to 1500, #1032

Cut by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio
Pressed at Quality Record Pressings

BcORFB.jpg

n3wdbr.jpg
NEAT!

Back