All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

So I got my Flightless Infest the Rat's Nest, "Rat's Nest" edition... It's supposed to look like this:

online-Rats-Nest-2_1024x1024.jpg

This is what it looks like:

View attachment 15245

Now I'm not one to bitch too much about variations in colour or consistency of patterns... But these two presses look NOTHING alike and I would have ordered Venusian or one of the much less expensive ATO variants if I had known it would come like this... IS there anything I can even do about it?

So mine arrived as expected, honestly I'm not as disappointed seeing it in person. This kind of splatter always looks better with light shining through it:

20190826_170829.jpg
20190826_170804.jpg

It's hard to tell in my pictures but you get a lot more of the depth looking through one side, where the back has a layer of sheeny gold that's right near the surface and makes everything look flat, your photo looks like it's taken from that side.

Yeah the mockup was a lot cooler and this clearly seems to be missing a layer of black but I'm pretty happy. The Venusian one that they posted on the Flightless Instagram looked like it lived up to the mockup, but then the picture on Discogs looks pretty muddy like that one might be hit or miss too.

What the hell, I just received notification this morning that my record got on an Australian plane. With customs I’m probably looking at another 2 weeks. Thanks fine, I just don’t understand how you guys already have yours unless you went ATO or are in AU.

What the hell, I just received notification this morning that my record got on an Australian plane. With customs I’m probably looking at another 2 weeks. Thanks fine, I just don’t understand how you guys already have yours unless you went ATO or are in AU.

Yeah I'm in Sydney. I usually get my Flightless records before the official release, they were a bit slower shipping them this time.

So I got my Flightless Infest the Rat's Nest, "Rat's Nest" edition... It's supposed to look like this:

View attachment 15245

Now I'm not one to bitch too much about variations in colour or consistency of patterns... But these two presses look NOTHING alike and I would have ordered Venusian or one of the much less expensive ATO variants if I had known it would come like this... IS there anything I can even do about it?
I got the same variant, which should be arriving at some point this week, so will be interesting to see how mine ends up looking.. but it looks like @Enaz Fox outsmarted us all but getting the Superbug variant since that actually looks like it's supposed to.

I got the same variant, which should be arriving at some point this week, so will be interesting to see how mine ends up looking.. but it looks like @Enaz Fox outsmarted us all but getting the Superbug variant since that actually looks like it's supposed to.

I didn’t get home until late last night and had to drag myself into work this morning but I think mine was waiting for me. I’ll open it tonight and share a pic!

No one's talking about the awesome butcher paper outer sleeves. Have these been on other Flightless releases since Fishies and I'm just late to the party?

I'm pretty sure this is the first release to have them. They are cool, not sure how well it'll last as an outer sleeve though, it's awkward getting the gatefold corners slipped in there without catching the paper seam. It wouldn't fit properly in my regular outer sleeves anyway so I hope I can be gentle enough with it.

View attachment 15245

mine arrived today and like everyone else's it looks nothing like the mock-up, though probably looks a little better than yours simply because it's filled with more splatter. there's a little bit of purple in mine, but it basically has an undetectable amount of the black/smoke coloring that's so prominent in the mock-up.

the paper sleeve is pretty cool, but wonder how it will stand the test of time... I almost feel like storing the paper outer sleeve in a plastic outer sleeve.

mine arrived today and like everyone else's it looks nothing like the mock-up, though probably looks a little better than yours simply because it's filled with more splatter. there's a little bit of purple in mine, but it basically has an undetectable amount of the black/smoke coloring that's so prominent in the mock-up.

the paper sleeve is pretty cool, but wonder how it will stand the test of time... I almost feel like storing the paper outer sleeve in a plastic outer sleeve.

I had to tear the corner on my outer, about an 1/8th of an inch, but I got it to slip on in!
D5E1B477-499D-41FE-8D45-CD92E8187DCB.jpeg

man, Superbug isn't sounding so super on my copy. this is what I hate about ordering from Flightless/overseas, it's so much more of a hassle to resolve a shitty sounding record.

man, Superbug isn't sounding so super on my copy. this is what I hate about ordering from Flightless/overseas, it's so much more of a hassle to resolve a shitty sounding record.
PHEWWWWWWWwwwwwww.

looks like a little additional cleaning has Superbug sounding SO MUCH better. it was tons of pops before but seems like 99% of them are now gone!

Back