All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

My pressing seems *almost* perfect. It has a bit of a gauge on track 2. You can actually see it on that photo if you zoom in, red spot north of the flightless logo.

My table is able to play through it, but it is audible for a few rotations. Not sure how Flightless handles these things. First issue I’ve had with them.

Tough to get the proper angle without crazy glare from the frame. But the Vancouver Poster has settled in nicely! Eric's drumstick seated underneath :)

This poster series is my favorite thing. I wish more bands I listened to would do something like this!

I’m still waiting to find a frame for mine, already had an extra 18x24 (that’s what every single one of my other prints from shows have been) but of course this one had to be 19x25 🤣

I’m still waiting to find a frame for mine, already had an extra 18x24 (that’s what every single one of my other prints from shows have been) but of course this one had to be 19x25 🤣

Lol, right! The frame I have here is actually a 20x26! My local Michael's didn't have any 19x25 frames, so luckily this fit perfectly!

So listening to ITRN on vinyl for the first time. It's just struck me that they probably had to get a lot better at guitar for this right? We all know Cavs had been practicing metal drumming for ages, but I think I took for granted because of the genre shift that Stu and Joey seemed to have stepped up technically too.

Any guitarists here that can weigh in on this? MOTU would probably be a good point of comparison, how much faster, neater and shred-ier is ITRN in terms of difficulty?

So listening to ITRN on vinyl for the first time. It's just struck me that they probably had to get a lot better at guitar for this right? We all know Cavs had been practicing metal drumming for ages, but I think I took for granted because of the genre shift that Stu and Joey seemed to have stepped up technically too.

Any guitarists here that can weigh in on this? MOTU would probably be a good point of comparison, how much faster, neater and shred-ier is ITRN in terms of difficulty?
I think the guitar work in FfF is more technically impressive than ITRN. maybe part of it is what is naturally comfortable to do, but I never found that speed riffing all that difficult, where some of the finger-picking stuff on Fishies would take me forever to play halfway decent

I think the guitar work in FfF is more technically impressive than ITRN. maybe part of it is what is naturally comfortable to do, but I never found that speed riffing all that difficult, where some of the finger-picking stuff on Fishies would take me forever to play halfway decent

I see, I've never really played guitar before, but I have a lot of piano experience and I can definitely grasp that faster =/= harder or better. But in this case its faster and also cleaner and tighter which to me compounds the skill required to perform it, what I have no grasp of is how guitar fretboards work, or techniques, so I can't really visualize if compositionally this ITRN stuff is trickier than MOTU or Polygondwanaland for example. I guess I never thought that about FfF because that style of guitar playing isn't completely new to them, theres a good section of Poly like that right?

Maybe its not better or more difficult to a trained ear, but is there something about the guitar work of ITRN that sets it apart from the rest of the discography to you? I suppose maybe its just this genre that really exposes the guitar more and I've never had to give it so much attention, especially as they've never been big on solos.

Back