All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

that's how I feel about them.... sure, it's curious to think how/why such a prolific band will end, but I'm choosing to focus on the journey rather than the destination
To add on to this; the good news for us is that we're in a time that bands can just put out music. They can connect directly to their base and give us more, more, and more. It's never been easier to record. It's never been easier to distribute. It's never been easier to cut out the Record Label.

I doubt that the Gizzards fellas are any more prolific than many of the bands of the past, it's just how well they cut tracks and send it out to us that is the new part. They don't have to pay for studio time and tape, so it makes it a lot easier for them to be less picky with what goes out. There's no label telling them that they have to tour for 2 years to maximize profits from their latest release.

Man, If 70's era bands like E Street or the Heartbreakers had this much freedom to create and release imagine what we could have gotten from them.

To add on to this; the good news for us is that we're in a time that bands can just put out music. They can connect directly to their base and give us more, more, and more. It's never been easier to record. It's never been easier to distribute. It's never been easier to cut out the Record Label.

I doubt that the Gizzards fellas are any more prolific than many of the bands of the past, it's just how well they cut tracks and send it out to us that is the new part. They don't have to pay for studio time and tape, so it makes it a lot easier for them to be less picky with what goes out. There's no label telling them that they have to tour for 2 years to maximize profits from their latest release.

Man, If 70's era bands like E Street or the Heartbreakers had this much freedom to create and release imagine what we could have gotten from them.
These are great points.

Some flightless gizzard stuff up, some discounted, some long sold out!

I just finished listening to the Brisbane 21 show uninterupted front to back for the first time this morning at work. I can't wait to get this one on wax. Add much as I absolutely love heavy Gizz, this set is such a killer change of pace and puts me in a great mellow mood. Definitely one of my favorite of the 👢 series so far.

this arrived today, though in a PVC sleeve and pretty warped... thankfully my Michell clamp should help make it playable

View attachment 151819
View attachment 151820

I thought for half a second that the first picture was a disc golf disc. 🤣

If I get the time and workspace to get back into dying discs again I may have to try making a stencil of that art! (*though it looks like a level or two above where I was at a couple years ago...)

who's on acid? anyone on acid? that's cool.

Iron Lung debut

holy cow that berkeley marathon setlist...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT MONDAY OMFG work is going to drag all weeeeeeeeeeek.

Back