All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

I don't think Lava was up in the US store, cause I searched for it. I almost went back to get one of the super secret packages of Laminated Denim, but not worth another $65 after shipping for a package, imo. Of course I'm having a hard time sticking to my guns on that.
Maybe Lava wasn't up. I just assumed it was the instant sell out (there always seems to be one).

I can't believe I just dropped almost $150 on albums I've never heard.
I will say all the choices are somewhat stressful because I know if I take the time to read all the options some will already be gone.
View attachment 150704

After going back and reading descriptions I kind of wish I would have gone with Lava on IDPLML.
Wish I would have gone with Made in Geenland or any of the colors on Laminated Denim. Would have prefered cool vinyl too cool packaging, but oh well.
Changes is the one that I did at least skim the descriptions, but with all the cover options I'm not exactly sure what the end product will look like. Pretty sure it's white vinyl, white cover with the wall and the piano notes around the trim. Which would be great. But I've always had good luck with white wax, and I love the look, so hopefully that pans out alright.
I think with Denim you got the cool, mystery packaging...I think the color variants of it don't have the mystery packaging

Lava may have been an instant sell-out, but I refreshed right at 8 am and it wasn't there for me.

I went with Raw on Laminated Denim, Tango on Changes, and Planets on Ice, Death....

I kind of wish I saw that I was paying $25 for packaging because I am almost positive I'm going to be annoyed by whatever "non-regular" shape this packaging is going to be. I just assumed that album was gonna be 3 records or something. 😂

I think with Denim you got the cool, mystery packaging...I think the color variants of it don't have the mystery packaging
I just hope "cool mystery packaging" is something like a much more unique cover, maybe a high quality booklet that lives in it's own sleeve, or something like the pop up picture on the VMP version of Pinkerton. All of those things don't impact my ability to easily open and access the vinyl when I want to listen. Some albums are just such a pain to actually get out. Trifolds is an example. I feel like I need a table to get to the center sleeve.
Or all of Jack White's special editions that come with artwork that just ends up in a drawer because I don't want to hang it, and I don't want it damaged in the sleeve. Or stickers that are fun, but ultimately get added to stack for "safe keeping." Another example would be virtually all the Gorillaz special editions of the past decade. I like the idea of posters, but I'm never hanging something with heavy creases in it. Boxes and books, just stuff I need to work around to grab the album. I just don't need all the extra STUFF. I hope it's an actual functional package and not a pile of stuff.

Maybe... maybe if we're all lucky... they will be signed. I do like that.

We know all 3 are up for pre-order, but none are dropping tomorrow. They specifically said 3 albums in October.
Shipping on these 3 might be October, or it might be the end of the year. We’ll find out soon.
So for ship dates if you ordered/shipped separately, we do have unique ship dates for each. I'm thinking these might be the actual album drop dates as well.

IDPLML: 10/7
Denim: 10/14 (Maybe without digital release? Maybe they drop both Timeland and Denim on digital?)
Changes: 10/28

Exciting month any way around it!

I just hope "cool mystery packaging" is something like a much more unique cover, maybe a high quality booklet that lives in it's own sleeve, or something like the pop up picture on the VMP version of Pinkerton. All of those things don't impact my ability to easily open and access the vinyl when I want to listen. Some albums are just such a pain to actually get out. Trifolds is an example. I feel like I need a table to get to the center sleeve.
Or all of Jack White's special editions that come with artwork that just ends up in a drawer because I don't want to hang it, and I don't want it damaged in the sleeve. Or stickers that are fun, but ultimately get added to stack for "safe keeping." Another example would be virtually all the Gorillaz special editions of the past decade. I like the idea of posters, but I'm never hanging something with heavy creases in it. Boxes and books, just stuff I need to work around to grab the album. I just don't need all the extra STUFF. I hope it's an actual functional package and not a pile of stuff.

Maybe... maybe if we're all lucky... they will be signed. I do like that.
it's certainly a pricey gamble. I wasn't paying attention to the price difference in the rush of ordering, but I'm not mad at this weird $25 mystery packaging...I have faith in them it could be worth it........or not. 😅

So for ship dates if you ordered/shipped separately, we do have unique ship dates for each. I'm thinking these might be the actual album drop dates as well.

IDPLML: 10/7
Denim: 10/14 (Maybe without digital release? Maybe they drop both Timeland and Denim on digital?)
Changes: 10/28

Exciting month any way around it!
Just kidding, the put up drop dates on IG.

it's certainly a pricey gamble. I wasn't paying attention to the price difference in the rush of ordering, but I'm not mad at this weird $25 mystery packaging...I have faith in them it could be worth it........or not. 😅
theory on Reddit is that the Laminated Denim (anagram of Made In Timeland) that the mystery package will be a denim sleeve as Raw, Mid, and Stone are types of denim...

I guess time(land) will tell

Back