All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

It has now, crazy they sold 5000+ copies of ITRN today, and FfF has only sold just over 6000 total.
the band is definitely hyping this album up much more than any I could think of from them. also the comments from the fans seem to be embracing the heavier sound more than Fishies more laid back groove. but it's definitely crazy, but I am wondering if I think it's crazier that Fishies hasn't sold out.

Give me that laid back groove over a thrash album any day of the week. It's a main reason I'm going with ATO on this one because I can already tell this will be my least favorite Gizz album.
not saying that I prefer one version of Gizz over another, but I am definitely excited for this new album. it's very reminiscent of the stuff I really loved as a kid so I am interested to see what they are going to do with it. but I still love Fishing For Fishies.

I love their heavier stuff, and I can't wait for this album. I spun MOTU yesterday in celebration.
I don't universally love metal/ thrash, but when it's done right, it's easily some of my favorite albums.

Based on the singles, this has real potential to become my favorite Gizz album.

I love their heavier stuff, and I can't wait for this album. I spun MOTU yesterday in celebration.
I don't universally love metal/ thrash, but when it's done right, it's easily some of my favorite albums.

I will say, the heavier Gizz does seem to have more personality/identity than their fun groove and even light psych stuff. It's a nice change of pace and likely why this one is selling out faster than FfF. We've now got Metal/Thrash Gizz, Prog Gizz, Groove Gizz, Psych Gizz.

I will say, the heavier Gizz does seem to have more personality/identity than their fun groove and even light psych stuff. It's a nice change of pace and likely why this one is selling out faster than FfF. We've now got Metal/Thrash Gizz, Prog Gizz, Groove Gizz, Psych Gizz.
Let's play "rank your gizz"
For me it's:
Metal/Thrash
Prog
Psych
Groove

Does groove count their Jazz based stuff? Because sketches sits higher in my preferences than this list implies.

Let's play "rank your gizz"
For me it's:
Metal/Thrash
Prog
Psych
Groove

Does groove count their Jazz based stuff? Because sketches sits higher in my preferences than this list implies.
Yeah I was lumping jazz with the groove. I'd also lump garage in with their psych.

I'd go

Psych/Garage
Groove/Jazz
Metal/Thrash & Prog (tie)

Planet B in the time it's been out has become my most scrobbled singular song of all time, it's insane how good it is

Trap Gizz

You know their ad libs are gonna be on point I'm ready for it

This one slipped through the cracks with all the new releases coming out, plus I didn't LOVE the last album. Listening to the new singles and I these things slap. I'm definitely in for heavier Gizz, but I'm usually in for heavier anything. Really bummed I missed out on the Venusian variant. Has ATO posted their variants yet? I may go Superbug if they're not that impressive....

This one slipped through the cracks with all the new releases coming out, plus I didn't LOVE the last album. Listening to the new singles and I these things slap. I'm definitely in for heavier Gizz, but I'm usually in for heavier anything. Really bummed I missed out on the Venusian variant. Has ATO posted their variants yet? I may go Superbug if they're not that impressive....

ATO is July. I’m honestly curious if Superbug makes it that long with 5000 gone in 12 hours.

Back