All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

First impression for me is actually not great, I think I prefer the first two. Feels like they never actually got around to playing the song, I'm sure it will grow on me though.

Feels like it kicks in half way through only to abruptly end, but I warmed up to Self Immolate I'm sure the same'll happen with this

Glad you like it, but it's nothing special imo.

They don't even HAVE music in Pennsylvania!

First impression for me is actually not great, I think I prefer the first two. Feels like they never actually got around to playing the song, I'm sure it will grow on me though.
If there is one think I have learned in my time of following this band, it's not to judge them on the singles. There have been so many singles that made me question things, only to love the way it turns out in the flow of the album. The guys are more than above average at creating an album flow.

If there is one think I have learned in my time of following this band, it's not to judge them on the singles. There have been so many singles that made me question things, only to love the way it turns out in the flow of the album. The guys are more than above average at creating an album flow.

Yeah I'm not disappointed or anything, it has a really weird structure that will totally mix up in the rest of the album I'm sure. I've burned out some of their singles before so I'm fine just leaving this rather than trying to force it to 'click'.

Just thinking about what MOTU is like and how weird the songs are if you take them out of their context too, I think this is still gearing up to be one of my favorite King Gizz albums.

this new one might be my least favorite, but I kinda have to wonder if that's at all because of the video, as the Organ Farmer video is not my favorite. I definitely like the song for sure though and am looking forward to this album

I did prefer it the second time, that second half really goes. Still uncertain about the first half.

The video is really cool, even with the same director it feels more like a classic King Gizz video.

all 3 Flightless variants of ITRN have sold out. pretty surprising how fast they went and yet they still have both variants of FfF available
2000 records x 3 variants x $40 per record equals $240,000 AUD ($168,000 USD).

Minus pressing plant costs and Flightless Records label overhead ÷ 7 band members = these Aussies are doing alright for themselves.

2000 records x 3 variants x $40 per record equals $240,000 AUD ($168,000 USD).

Minus pressing plant costs and Flightless Records label overhead ÷ 7 band members = these Aussies are doing alright for themselves.

Does anyone know what the profit margin is for vinyl? Obviously every situation is different but it's gotta be roughly 20-30% right?

Does anyone know what the profit margin is for vinyl? Obviously every situation is different but it's gotta be roughly 20-30% right?

For most companies it's less than that. There's really no money in vinyl.

For VMP, pressing that many, it's probably close to the range you quoted above. Especially for any instance where they didn't have to have new metal parts made, that's the BIG expense.

Back