All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Seems like the preorders for L.W. May go up around early February according to this info posted on the subreddit.
PIIwuRT.jpg

I listened to K.G. several times when it was first released, and I initially felt it wasn't their strongest album. From an objective standpoint that's probably still true, but man this album is fun! Removing it from hype and their most recent releases helped my get into more. Let it stand on it's own a bit. I feel like I'm enjoying it more with each listen over time.

Once we have L.W. (assuming it will be Vol. 3) I will certainly take the time at some point to spend a day with the microtonal trilogy, treated as a single project.

For those of you who may have ordered the Live Gizz from Diggers Factory, looks like they split that massive Head On/Pill between two sides, rather than just a digi download. That's definitely my preference. "Part1" of the track is 8 min 30 seconds, and final side contains the remaining 21 minutes. I also received an email from them saying they are starting to press them and should expect the vinyl in 7 to 8 weeks.

Seems like the preorders for L.W. May go up around early February according to this info posted on the subreddit.
PIIwuRT.jpg
Once we have L.W. (assuming it will be Vol. 3) I will certainly take the time at some point to spend a day with the microtonal trilogy, treated as a single project.
from the looks of the cover it is Volume 3

8kqj0sqqcbc61.jpg

KG and LW side by side:
vcob1gbzhbc61.jpg

Last edited:
Aural Pleasure is doing the Demos Vol. 1+2 mastered at Abbey Road.

the Aural Pleasure Records release of “Demos Vol. 1 + 2” is set to be mastered by the legendary Abbey Road Studios! Though these songs may be mere sketches, we strongly felt they still deserved to be presented on wax at their best. Abbey Road’s highly demanded team of engineers and world-class mastering chain - the same that have been responsible for critically acclaimed records by The Rolling Stones and The Beatles - are sure to make the absolute most of the available source material, so you will be able to hear the boys bend genres and forge new paths in music like never before. And with 28 tracks across 2 LPs, this is a collection you will definitely want to return to repeatedly.

To top it all off, our version of this collection will be pressed on heavyweight 180gm vinyl, available in 2 unique color variants and packaged in a special jacket with exclusive artwork and poly-lined inner sleeves!

Variant 1 - “Pie Slices” tri-color LPs, /400

Rhubarb, huckleberry, key lime, pumpkin, chicken pot pie, and shepherds pie.... just to name some of the flavors, which will prove to be as wonderfully varied as the music pressed into these tasty looking slabs. Tune in, turn on, dig in.

Variant 2 - “Variant To Kill Bad People To” and “Variant To Eat Bananas To” striped tri-color LPs with 2 color splatter, /100

Directly inspired by the band’s creative subtitles for each volume in this collection, this ultra-limited color variant will be randomly inserted into some lucky orders!

As a bonus, an incredibly limited 4 sets of test pressings will be made available for sale… and purchasing one will allow you to leave your permanent mark on these records! The 4 buyers of the test pressings will be able to provide a short phrase or message to be inscribed in the runout groove and pressed into every final copy of these records, forever etched in vinyl for all to see. Shout out a friend, share your favorite King Gizzard reference, or just get weird with it - the choice is yours! This will prove to be a very unique opportunity for fans to be a part of the final records, so these test pressings are not expected to last long on the shop!

Pre-orders will go live on www.auralpleasurerecords.com at 12PM EST on Saturday, January 23rd.

The site is back up. I was able to get one of the test pressings!
@zdkaiser, @Eriatarka, @DeadwaxDude, @Enaz Fox, @displayname

Just in case you guys wanted one.

Edit: direct link:

I'm sitting this one out but didn't want anyone who wants it to miss out

Back