All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

I gotta say, this is bumming me out. I really hope the overall dynamic of the live shows isn't changed too much with his departure. I wonder if they will be looking to replace him or just go with Cavs.

but I guess if both the band and label are growing he had to pick one over the other, and with Flightless being his baby that's where his heart is.

Thinking they got so big they needed a manger with experience handling international tours and things?
yeah, that and being a tour manager of even a smaller group can be a lot to juggle. combining that with heading a record label and playing in the band you are managing... I need a nap just imagining a day of that.

I think @Tillman and you are right, too- the label and the band have grown enough that it would be hard to keep chugging along without dividing up the roles more.

Hoping this means we get larger tours now, would be nice to see the boys hit some parts of the country they've had to neglect. Also feel really lucky to have gotten to meet Eric with the wonderful @CrazyDiamond84 Wonder if this was going to happen after the 2020 tour and he just decided it was time anyways. Excited to see who they have (at least live) playing the second set of skins and am intrigued with the plans Eric has for the label. As sad as it is that this is the end of Gizzards "Eric" era, much like the Deads "Pigpen" (Luckily Eric isn't sick!) era, I hope it leads to continued growth and success for the boys.

Such an odd announcement. An announcement to let everyone know you're the label logistics guy now. I guess it's a dream job to still be able work alongside the band but then manage other bands/tours (while maybe still making music somehow?) which is arguably a more difficult job to manage than being in a band.

To me, it reads like a person that just got broken up with by their boyfriend/girlfriend but then they realize that they still work in the cubicle right next to eachother and have to exchange pleasantries everyday. It just doesn't tend to last long after that.

Such an odd announcement. An announcement to let everyone know you're the label logistics guy now. I guess it's a dream job to still be able work alongside the band but then manage other bands/tours (while maybe still making music somehow?) which is arguably a more difficult job to manage than being in a band.

To me, it reads like a person that just got broken up with by their boyfriend/girlfriend but then they realize that they still work in the cubicle right next to eachother and have to exchange pleasantries everyday. It just doesn't tend to last long after that.
but he already was the Flightless logistics guy, right? it's not like he's taking on a different role at his label, he's cutting out the touring with a band function (he rarely if ever, especially more recently, was actually featured on the recordings), so he can focus more on the label. I'm sure there's more to it behind the scenes, but I'm sure he wasn't enjoying one, or the other, or both functions of running a label/store, and extensive touring with a band and came to this decision. maybe it's not all completely hunky dory, but I also don't think there's any real shenanigans going on with it.

Hoping this means we get larger tours now, would be nice to see the boys hit some parts of the country they've had to neglect. Also feel really lucky to have gotten to meet Eric with the wonderful @CrazyDiamond84 Wonder if this was going to happen after the 2020 tour and he just decided it was time anyways. Excited to see who they have (at least live) playing the second set of skins and am intrigued with the plans Eric has for the label. As sad as it is that this is the end of Gizzards "Eric" era, much like the Deads "Pigpen" (Luckily Eric isn't sick!) era, I hope it leads to continued growth and success for the boys.
I don't think King Gizzard and the Bronzze Fonzz made it onto this forum20200825_153941.jpg

I tried to finally get around to spinning this, but both records have the worst warp I've ever seen, and are unplayable. Has anyone had to deal with Flightless for replacements before? I'll shoot a video and send to them tomorrow.
Send them video, photos, be polite, etc. I had to request a replacement for a significant scratch on Rats nest, and they sent me a replacement that arrived in a reasonable time frame. The only thing that was a little odd was that they only sent the record and the sleeve, not a new album jacket. But overall very easy process and no additional charge out of my pocket. I was honestly expecting a bit of a headache with the international shipping, but they were great about it.

Back