All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Lol, exactly! I was tempted to try to find a stream of it after the fact.. But i'm gonna skype a friend in Ontario and we're gonna watch it together! Should be fun (y)
That sounds great! It's important to stay as connected as we can in this weird time.
I forgot that the stream was today. in haven't pre-ordered it, but I hope I get a chance to watch it tonight when everyone goes to sleep.
It's up for 24 hours! You've got time :)

It's up for 24 hours! You've got time :)
yeah, but if I don't watch it tonight I doubt I will find the time to watch it during the day tomorrow with the wife and kids around.

I'm sure I'll be able to find it and watch it free after the fact so probably won't be a big deal if I miss it tonight... but I did pre-order it in hopes to watch it tonight and also to support the boys.

I rented it but can only watch 6 minutes of it before the Vimeo app on my tv just stops playing it and locks up. When I restart the app up and start the film I can’t fast forward and xbox doesn’t have a Vimeo app. Don’t really want to watch on my phone and the laptop doesn’t have an hdmi port so at least I supported the creators. Really wish they would have went with a better source to rent this thing though.

I rented it but can only watch 6 minutes of it before the Vimeo app on my tv just stops playing it and locks up. When I restart the app up and start the film I can’t fast forward and xbox doesn’t have a Vimeo app. Don’t really want to watch on my phone and the laptop doesn’t have an hdmi port so at least I supported the creators. Really wish they would have went with a better source to rent this thing though.
That sucks! I lucked out I guess. Mine played via Samsung TV app without issue.

yeah, I first tried to Chromecast it from the Vimeo app but every 90 seconds or so it would buffer/freeze for like 5-10 seconds, it was infuriating. nothing I tried fixed the problem so I ended up just watching it on my phone...at least my headphones are better than my TV speakers so it sounded much better than if I watched it on my TV.

That sucks! I lucked out I guess. Mine played via Samsung TV app without issue.
Yeah I have one of the first models of the 4k curved Samsung’s and that’s where it kept frizzing! Happy it’s at least working for some, that’s why this 24 hour period thing kind of sucks! Awh well.

yeah, I first tried to Chromecast it from the Vimeo app but every 90 seconds or so it would buffer/freeze for like 5-10 seconds, it was infuriating. nothing I tried fixed the problem so I ended up just watching it on my phone...at least my headphones are better than my TV speakers so it sounded much better than if I watched it on my TV.

Yeah, I wanted to hear it through my 5.1 system and on the big screen. Read in the AMA that the producers still want to do a theater showing with Stu’s 5.1 mix so apparently this didn’t even have that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

is everyone else still able to watch Chunky Shrapnel? when trying to figure out a fix for Chromecasting it I tried downloading it, which I was surprised I could do but assumed it would go away after the 24 hours. to my surprise I can still watch it and was wondering if anyone else can.

is everyone else still able to watch Chunky Shrapnel? when trying to figure out a fix for Chromecasting it I tried downloading it, which I was surprised I could do but assumed it would go away after the 24 hours. to my surprise I can still watch it and was wondering if anyone else can.

Whenever I attempt to it says it’s no longer there.

Just finished watching it on my larger living room tv. Excellent. Great sound and performances. The non performance sections were a bit odd, but overall it was a great. Less a music documentary film and more just an extended live set.

Either way, I dig.

Last edited:
My apologies in advance: What do you all recommend as a starting point for King Gizzard?

I realize this is probably a pretty divisive question, since they're such loved and prolific band. I've listened to them for a while now but am completely overwhelmed by their discography. To really get into them, I'm going to need 2-3 albums that I can listen to on repeat for a few weeks before moving on to the rest of the catalog.

Thanks?

My apologies in advance: What do you all recommend as a starting point for King Gizzard?

I realize this is probably a pretty divisive question, since they're such loved and prolific band. I've listened to them for a while now but am completely overwhelmed by their discography. To really get into them, I'm going to need 2-3 albums that I can listen to on repeat for a few weeks before moving on to the rest of the catalog.

Thanks?
2-3 albums makes it easy.... Mind Fuzz/Nonagon/Murder of the Universe

Thanks?
are there any songs from them that have caught your attention more than others? how heavy do you generally go with rock music? they span a wide range from groovy, to psychedelic, to garage, to jazzy, to heavy metal... if you favor any of those styles that would be a good starting point

Back