All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Got the early GA tickets for Red Rocks! Now I just need to find out if I can actually make the trip. Luckily I have family in CO, so it's not just a trip for a midweek show.

I also have to comment that I LOVE that they kept the prices reasonable. I think they could have easily asked $100+ per ticket and still sold out both venues... but they didn't. This actually feels like an event for the fans vs a bit of a money grab (cough... Tool-cough... cough).

So I think this NES cartridge is the 11th format to get a Polygondwanaland release. Digital, Record (including lathe cut), CD, DVD, VHS, Cassette, 8 Track, Reel to Reel, Floppy Disc and Mini-disc are the others.
Is there any way to still make laser discs and wax cylinders?
I'm pretty sure there is a release out there with the album cut onto a laser disc with a lathe, so you have to play it like a normal record, maybe that counts haha.

262 total editions (Nearly 200 are LPs+lathe cuts). Pretty much all the main Beatles albums beat that, same with Michael Jackson and The Dark Side of the Moon has 912, but Poly beats out some extremely well selling albums like Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, and Eagles - Their Greatest Hits and a few ABBA albums in total number of editions.

Does anyone remember that guy who was doing the enamel pin version of the Gizz album covers? Is he still around? I have three, but was thinking maybe I'd complete the set if he ever did them all...

Only a couple for sale, but he does ocassional restocks!

So for any non Australians in here, the ARIAs were last night; which is essentially our version of the Grammys, the big annual industry focused music awards event. King Gizz got nominated for best Blues/Roots album, best Heavy/Metal album and best live act, but no wins as is usual for them.

Amyl and the Sniffers actually won for best rock album though, which is pretty cool.

Back