All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Jammy era... mind you this is coming from a big dead fan... man am I even more excited for this tour coming up.

Happy to hear they're entering their "jammy period"!

I’m so excited right now. To me, this feels the closest to some of the arrangements they do live. Really excited to see where this goes. I’m honesty hoping for 2 tracks total.

I love how Gizz has successfully defied all industry best practices for album releases, and thrived in the process.
If the emoji's were right it's an 18 track double album but we shall see as the pre-order gets closer.

yeah, and if it is an 18 track double album (or is it 16 tracks?) and we've already got an 18 minute song, this will likely be more than 2xLP, right?
I think 16 is right. my bad. Maybe it's an 8 song double album and we have an entire different 8 song album incoming as well. IM SO EXCITED AND CONFUSED AT THE SAME TIME.

yeah, and if it is an 18 track double album (or is it 16 tracks?) and we've already got an 18 minute song, this will likely be more than 2xLP, right?
How did I already forget about the emoji tweets?!?!?!?
Listening again and I am so excited for the boots of this live!

I hope they adopt the Dead's habit of an early set and then a late set for most of their shows. The only opener we need for King Gizz, is King Gizz.
I hope they do that, but don’t make it the standard. I hope Gizz ends up standing alone in people’s minds. I think it cheapens the memory of a band’s legacy when they “the next X” or “the Y of this generation.”

The greatest bands were not the next anything. They are what people use as a baseline. I hope Gizz reaches baseline status.

How did I already forget about the emoji tweets?!?!?!?

I hope they do that, but don’t make it the standard. I hope Gizz ends up standing alone in people’s minds. I think it cheapens the memory of a band’s legacy when they “the next X” or “the Y of this generation.”

The greatest bands were not the next anything. They are what people use as a baseline. I hope Gizz reaches baseline status.
As much as I love Gizz, I in no way was suggesting they're the next Dead. Totally different thing. Only that I'd rather they play the longer sets/double sets since they have the material. Dead are not the only ones to do that, just a common example of the practice.

As much as I love Gizz, I in no way was suggesting they're the next Dead. Totally different thing. Only that I'd rather they play the longer sets/double sets since they have the material. Dead are not the only ones to do that, just a common example of the practice.
That’s fair. I just feel like they are really doing well at doing things their own way, so I am hoping they keep the surprises coming and when they loose the spark, I hope they let it go.

So many great bands taint their legacy by keeping things going for a little too long, or starting to mimic other bands. I just want them to shine bright while they can, and disappear as quickly as they emerged. Lock that legacy in strong.

On the upside, they seem far from out of steam.

Back