All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Last edited:
Greeaaat. Now I’m going to have buyers remorse for at least the next 24 hours.

Definitely temper your expectations for this one, at this point I'm not even thinking of it as a 'canon' studio album. Seems like it started as interlude music for the original 2020 marathon shows. Once that fell through they added to it until they didn't know what to do with it and its been on the shelf since.
Not that I've heard any of it, but I'm expecting those ambient Chunky Shrapnel bits/bullant/acarine/oddments weirdness.

Definitely temper your expectations for this one, at this point I'm not even thinking of it as a 'canon' studio album. Seems like it started as interlude music for the original 2020 marathon shows. Once that fell through they added to it until they didn't know what to do with it and its been on the shelf since.
Not that I've heard any of it, but I'm expecting those ambient Chunky Shrapnel bits/bullant/acarine/oddments weirdness.
from the maybe 2 minutes total that I heard from it was rather strange, but not as abstract and/or ambient as some of those moments. not sure how much of it has vocals, but there's at least a section with Ambrose on it under, I believe, an alias name

not sure if that should make anyone feel any less buyer's remorse though.. ha ha

but I love this band and they've earned the prestigious insta-cop-when-it-drop award from me for at least their official stuff....aaaah who am I kidding, most of the bootlegger stuff too

I don't think anyone needs this, but as a writing exercise I've made a review in response to Pitchfork's only negative King Gizz review, for Fishing For Fishies.

How does this one rank in the discography these days for you guys? I don't spin it much but every time I do it surprises me with mow much I still love it.
Paper Mache
Mind Fuzz
Fishies
Float Along
Sketches/Butterfly

That’s the top 5a/b for this guy. I connected with the messaging on fishies while deep into a trip and I don’t see it leaving the top ranks. Order could change depending on mood but I can put those albums on at anytime and have no complaints. I need to do another discography spin session soon.

I don't think anyone needs this, but as a writing exercise I've made a review in response to Pitchfork's only negative King Gizz review, for Fishing For Fishies.

How does this one rank in the discography these days for you guys? I don't spin it much but every time I do it surprises me with mow much I still love it.
It's a top 5 for me as well. Top notch boogies.
Mind Fuzz, Nonagon, Float Along, Fishies, and either Paper Mache or Polygon

Paper Mache
Mind Fuzz
Fishies
Float Along
Sketches/Butterfly

That’s the top 5a/b for this guy. I connected with the messaging on fishies while deep into a trip and I don’t see it leaving the top ranks. Order could change depending on mood but I can put those albums on at anytime and have no complaints. I need to do another discography spin session soon.
I love how both of you have achieved a deep connection to FFF from listening to it on psychedelics... sounds like it's something I need to do!

Back