A Rush of Blood to the Thread: Coldplay

Actually I like the store exclusive better (I assume it's clear.... Does it actually say the color?) so I switched my order over there.
Store exclusive is silver, indie exclusive is gold. Would be nice to get the bonus pin from the store but with Bullmoose I'll have the 7" a month earlier. Decisions, decisions...

Weird seeing a Coldplay album as "Explicit'. Pre-order up on iTunes and there's the Main (Expliocit) or Clean version.
My guess is the content could be viewed as offensive and not necessarily cursing (although that’s still possible).

Example : there is a song called guns. Trigger warning (pun intended)
Also Spotify has Arabesque with the E tag. The end of the song continuously says that “music is the weapon. Music is the weapon of the future”.

EDIT: watched the bands lyric video and at the very end of the song approximately 5:25 “same fucking blood” is said 3 times. Although I would never have guessed that’s what it would’ve said and still can’t hear it as that in.

Also it appears the other E track is Trouble In Town (according to Amazon).

Last edited:
Also thanks for this group creation. Can’t wait to run your nerves about this band.

I have ever vinyl release and variant they have put out with the exception of gold rush as I thought it was not worth the money. So I guess I don’t need to continue my completionist route but here I am.

Also 7” and gold secured from bullmoose. Getting silver for Xmas. Try me 😉

Here were my initial reactions after first listen of each I texted my friend :

“So orphans has a similar strawberry swing riff and the “fun” of a head full of dreams album feel

Ab has a more dark viva album feel. The breakdown /length at the end remind me of death and all of his friends. Doesn’t sound like it instrumentation-wise but big and with urgency. Also it’s penultimate song of disc one. So I wonder how it plays leading into closer of one.”

Guy said in a podcast that they won't tour for this album but will do "some shows". :(
Before the confirmation of an actual double album , I had heard an album in 2019 and another in 2020 with a tour following the second.

Who’s knows that’s happening but they tend to skip Nola like every 2 tours so we should be due a date for any shows they have in US

What an awful episode of SNL to sit through to watch Coldplay.
I was at a wedding so I missed it.

Have only seen the gifs for orphans and the video for everyday.

I did see that snl was hot trash in regards to sketches and the host.

Back