A Rush of Blood to the Thread: Coldplay

KenKaniff

Hey. Not sure if there's any interest here; but with Coldplay ramping back up, I figured let's have a place.

Rumors of a 2019 experimental album, with a mainstream sounding album in 2020 with a tour following the second album,.
The Easter eggs are here...

Mysterious Poster: Coldplay Tease New Album With Mysterious Poster! - Coldplay Community

Fans have been speculating all morning after a mysterious poster showed up in São Paulo showing Coldplay in a vintage setting with German philosopher, poet, composer and scholar Friedrich Nietzsche.

The poster appeared at the Paulista metro station in São Paulo and was subsequently removed. According to staff, the poster was not supposed to be put up until Thursday 17th October. Perhaps this means we will see a single this Friday! Ken19, a legit festival insider on efestivals.co.uk suggests that Friday will see new Coldplay news.

Several leaks from discord user ‘Kirboh’ have suggested that the album will be called ‘Fool’s Gold’, perhaps after the 1919 film of the same name

Poster has Nov 22 2019 date on it. It was the day of a big eclipse.

YouTube:

Thumbnails: The band has changed YouTube thumbnails of popular music videos to black & white.

Emojis: A bunch of videos on their channel now have a sun & moon in the description.

i am guessing coldplay's version of 'experimental' and mine are...quite different

a rush of blood to the head > parachutes > (not overly interested in anything else tbh >) ghost stories > x + y > a head full of dreams > mylo xyoto > viva la vida

first two albums were pretty good but since then? meh

ALBUM(S) ANNOUNCEMENT!

albums 'sunrise' and 'sunset'. making up 'Everyday Life'.
11/22

Well... y’all ready for a hot take?

1. Viva La Vida
2. A Rush of Blood to the Head
3. Parachutes
4. Ghost Stories
5. X&Y
6. Mylo Xyloto
7. A Head Full of Dreams

That’s actually a bit mean on rush of blood, the scientist is an ok song and there are a few others that are passable, so

1. Parachutes
2. A rush of blood
3-7 meh
My problem with X&Y is not Eno, is that it’s pretty indistinguishable from Rush

i am guessing coldplay's version of 'experimental' and mine are...quite different

a rush of blood to the head > parachutes > (not overly interested in anything else tbh >) ghost stories > x + y > a head full of dreams > mylo xyoto > viva la vida

first two albums were pretty good but since then? meh
That’s actually a bit mean on rush of blood, the scientist is an ok song and there are a few others that are passable, so

1. Parachutes
2. A rush of blood
3-7 meh

My feelings exactly

Back