A Rush of Blood to the Thread: Coldplay

My problem with X&Y is not Eno, is that it’s pretty indistinguishable from Rush

On that one the songwriting isn’t particularly inspired either. There are only a couple of decent songs on it and I think one of them is a Kraftwerk rip off?

I get the feeling with Coldplay that like another band they take themselves far too seriously and again like this other band the pompous Eno big music feeds into that. Unlike U2 they don’t have those huge singles.

Ryan Tedder would like a word with you.

If I had a clue who that was I’d agree or disagree but because I don’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

The most random concert I ever attended was Roni Size (UK drum n bass) supported by Coldplay when they were just starting out. I seem to remember the rest of the band making wanker signs behind Chris Martin's back. Anyway, I agree with most - Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head top and everything else bottom...

The most random concert I ever attended was Roni Size (UK drum n bass) supported by Coldplay when they were just starting out. I seem to remember the rest of the band making wanker signs behind Chris Martin's back. Anyway, I agree with most - Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head top and everything else bottom...
Now I want a Roni Size Vs Coldplay album.

I also really like Ghost Stories. They had me thinking they were back on track and then that last album came out and showed me that I couldn't be more wrong.

i kinda got a less sincere version of Bon Iver vibe with added headache inducing euro dance track

Last edited:
Anyway I’ll probably buy this on cd because it’s me and I’m weird and completist and I hope it’s as good as their first couple but I’m not particularly confident it will be.

I'm a sucker for double albums where the two albums are distinct projects that can be taken as their own piece of music by themselves (like what Death Grips did with The Powers That B), so naturally I'm intrigued by the concept. I'm going to remain cautiously excited... there's at least one thing I like about every Coldplay release up to this point so I figure at the very least I'll get a few stand outs from this one too.

Coldplays Christmas song is super good.

I haven't really enjoyed Coldplays last couple albums. Viva La Vida was outstanding but since then i have been pretty much just ignoring them. I hope this new double album is worth being a double album.

Back